The Business Leader will work with peers and management to chart, lead and influence the strategic direction of the Strategic Customer Marketing portfolio and lead the business planning function within the team. Working closely with the leaders of SCM to ensure planning is coordinated between the BU and the SCM team; and executed effectively.
The successful incumbent will ensure that the execution is done in an impactful manner that ultimately grows the relationship with all partners & customers, with the end goal of increasing loyalty, brand equity, efficiency and revenue. Working closely with the leadership team, the leader will help to communicate the strategic priorities, performance and financials to key stakeholders across the company.
- Collaborate with SCM leaders to develop coordinated priorities on an annual and ongoing basis
- Consolidates business unit reporting across all verticals in SCM
- Work closely with SCM leads to develop resource plans (demand/supply) to support project and operating requirements, including:
- Maintaining the annual operating plan and demand/supply forecast
- Translate demand requirements into supply requirements – both workforce and system change capacity
- Balance resourcing plans in accordance with supply constraints and business unit priorities
- Provide input into annual planning process by providing a few of committed capital and committed delivery
- Manage plan which shows forecast headcount, permanent/contractor mix and identify action to resource resource/skill constraints
- Update plan in line with variances between actual and forecast demand
- Coordinate and support business plan development, working with business and digital leaders
- Work closely with Performance Management to develop and manage ongoing performance metrics related to digital development and delivery
- Work closely with Performance Management to develop and manage ongoing performance metrics related to development and delivery
- Partner closely with stakeholders in the corporate Performance Management team, providing reporting and ad hoc information and financials to various stakeholders as required
- Ownership and insight on all SCM spend with accountability to identify and recommend efficiencies across the business unit to ensure we are gaining the necessary economies of scale and preferred rates, translating into cost optimization
- Develop decks, communications and materials for senior leadership regarding SCM plans and forecasts, etc.
Qualifications and Competencies:
Post secondary degree in business, accounting or technology
- 5-7 years of professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years in a corporate or strategic planning role, industry agnostic
- Specific experience in 2 different capacities:
- Financial industry OR any industry that has undergone transformation (in order to appreciate the changes that are needed & how they impact the teams)
- Portfolio management and financial management experience
- All leaders have great ideas of what is needed & on occasion – in the best interest of the work - some people need to augment the decisions they make. Tasked with having difficult conversations to help drive things forward with the use of transparency with the goal of gaining long-term trust
- Demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders at the senior leadership level
- Builds, leads, motivates and retains high performing team. Insightful about the talent the organization needs to be successful; recruits and develops people with this in mind. Uses multiple methods to grow capability in the organization. Skillfully coaches and mentors. Exceptional project management expertise and capabilities – delivering quality results on time and on budget
- Able to set and meet aggressive goals and action plans, both as an individual and with a team
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
Discover your opportunity….
Apply with cover letter and resume today!
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of 12 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.