Great-West Life is a leading Canadian insurer, offering a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, business owners and organizations.
The Canadian Investment operations manage over $42 billion of assets in the Company’s consolidated general funds and over $38 billion of segregated fund assets. As one of Canada’s leading financial services companies, we take pride in making disciplined, purposeful long-term investments that support growth in the Canadian economy while helping Canadians reach their financial goals while putting the customer at the center of what we do. We are looking for candidates that exemplify this and can demonstrate it in their work to support our Investments division.
Our Investment Technology team, a division of the Canadian Investment operations, is looking for a Senior Systems Analyst in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Reporting to the Lead Systems Analyst, the successful candidate will have a proven track record in defining complex requirements for solutions integrated among existing and new systems with legacy and emergent technologies and the ability to effectively work both independently as well as a member of a large local or virtual team.
- Contributes to the development of the project deliverables, with respect to definition of project scope, estimates for systems analysis tasks, identification of stakeholders, approach, methodology, communication plan, systems analyst resourcing and schedule.
- Gains clear understanding of business problems/opportunities to define and document detailed business requirements and associated detailed system specifications.
- Engages other project team members to identify and document alternatives and recommend solutions.
- Identifies, escalates and contributes to the resolution of project issues and mitigation of project risks.
- Supports Software Developers during software development and testing.
- Works closely with Quality Assurance team members to ensure adequate testing by contributing to test plans, identification of test situations and test cases, execution of test plan and verification that test results meet business expectations.
- Supports project implementation by execution of assigned project implementation activities including verification that system is performing as expected and providing support during project Warranty Period.
- Contributes to the development and enhancement of Investment Technology Systems Analysis team by knowledge sharing and contributing to best practices, tools and techniques.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Post-secondary degree in a related discipline (Computer Science, Commerce, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, etc), or an equivalent combination of post-secondary education, training and experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Experience with understanding business environments, operations, processes and practices.
- Experience with data mapping and integration processing.
- Experience with requirements gathering and documentation of functional and non-functional requirements and specifications.
- Experience working with Technology project methodologies, processes and practices.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines.
- Experience working with external vendors and consultants.
- Strong customer service focus and the ability to manage stakeholder relationships and provide leadership.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment or independently as assignment requires.
- Ability to provide shared leadership on a project team, alongside the Project Manager, Systems Architect and other Systems Analysts on larger initiatives.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.