Located in Winnipeg or Toronto, this position provides corporate secretarial services to the Subsidiary Companies of Great-West Lifeco Inc., including the preparation and filing of all regulatory, federal, and provincial requirements, in addition to maintenance of the electronic records database and dissemination of information held therein. Working with the Corporate Secretary, the incumbent is responsible for providing the subsidiary companies with corporate governance and regulatory matters.
You will be accountable for:
Corporate Secretarial Services
- Serve as Assistant Secretary or authorized individual for Lifeco’s Canadian subsidiary companies, as required.
- Maintain corporate records for the subsidiary companies, both hard copy and electronic, and ensure that approvals are obtained for transactions, appointments, etc.
- Record and maintain annual and special resolutions for the subsidiary companies, working with applicable business units to ensure that information is communicated and captured accurately.
- Maintenance of General Signing Authorities records.
- Maintenance of Banking and Borrowing Signing Authorities records.
General Signing Authorities and Banking and Borrowing Signing Authorities
- Maintenance and oversight of current and historical signing authority records, including ensuring that resolutions and delegations remain applicable and current.
- Prepare relevant and applicable documentation, including resolutions, delegations, certifications, and reports.
- Maintain current/historical documentation in compliance with internal retention requirements.
Corporate and Securities Legal Services
- Collaborate with business units and internal/external counsel on legal transactional matters.
- Provide paralegal assistance for subsidiary companies as required.
- Provide corporate secretarial assistance on Corporate Securities matters.
Governance, Regulatory Reportings and Filings
- Assist the Corporate Secretary with corporate governance and regulatory matters for the subsidiary companies.
- Monitor and prepare regulatory filings required under corporate, limited partnership and business name registration legislation.
Required Competencies and Behaviours:
- A solid understanding of corporate secretarial and corporate governance sound practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge to deal with all levels of a complex corporate structure; securities law will be considered an asset.
- Superior oral and written communication skills with keen attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities. Ability to work well under pressure, prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel applications
- Proficiency in internet tools, specifically with respect to corporate filings, searches, etc.
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills.
- Initiative, confidence and good judgment to be able to work independently with minimal direction and to respond effectively to issues that arise in the absence of management
- Well developed inter-personal skills, particularly tact and diplomacy
- Good working knowledge of legal and regulatory environments
- Ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential information as part of daily duties.
- Ability to work independently and motivate self and others.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.