The HR Advisor will provide consultative support and service to business/function people leaders to support the development and delivery of people solutions that align to the vision and strategies of the company. THe incubent will support Groups Insurance Business Units and focuses on coaching of leaders, mediate labour relations conflits and diciplinary measures as well as monitoring return to work activities.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Provide HR related advice and coaching to assigned client groups and business leaders (typically from Director to Associate Manager level) on matters related to HR policy or practices, workforce planning, talent management, employee relations, compensation decisions, structures and organizational effectiveness, employee engagement etc.
- Elevate people managerial capabilities by providing advice, support and coaching to people leaders on all people and talent matters (i.e. leadership, team facilitation, team effectiveness, performance improvement, situational training).
- Provide counsel and support to individual employees on work related issues (employee advocacy).
- Manage the escalation of employee issues, and engage with Employee Relations (ER) experts to support complex employee issue resolution (e.g. all formal complaints, investigations, and any instances involving external representation).
- Identify people related issues/themes across client groups and HR Center of Excellence (COE) areas, translate into reports for HR Business Partners, and make recommendations for action to mitigate risks and act on opportunities.
- Support cyclical HR processes for supported client groups (i.e. talent management, salary administration etc.).
- Contribute to projects teams to support the delivery of HR projects to the business.
- Participate on cross-line business HR committees and councils to share best practices, lessons learned and collaborate on initiatives.
- Support and contribute to talent plans for the business/function supported (i.e. diagnostics of organizational health, key business/function needs and opportunities; strategies for recruitment, retention and development of talent pools; organizational effectiveness plans including development of strategic capabilities; elevating overall talent bench for supported businesses/functions).
- Assist with an employee’s return to work from STD, LTD and leave of absence cases.
The successful candidate for Human Resources Advisor will have:
- 7+ years as an HR professional. Ideal education includes a post-secondary Degree/Diploma in HR Management, Business Administration or a related field. An HR certification is an asset.
- Fully bilingual in French and in English required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills to effectively deal with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to network across functional teams and build solid client relationships.
- Sound problem solving and influencing skills, coupled with an ability to understand broad Human Resource issues and resolve conflict situations in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to multi-task with strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Excellent data analysis skills with a well-developed ability to think analytically and present various analyses in a useful and understandable format.
- Ability to identify trends and/or anomalies in a dataset and conduct follow-up root cause investigation.
- Ability to communicate and present findings in a succinct and professional manner.
- Strong work ethic, a high respect for confidentiality and sound professional judgment and initiative.
- Strong accountability and responsibility to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Expert excel skills, including the ability to work with large data sets, advanced knowledge of HRIS and reporting systems and all MS office applications.
The Human Resources Advisor will demonstrate strength in the following capabilities:
- Trusted Advisor
- Technologically Proficient
- Talent Developer
- Execute for Results
- Critical Thinker
- Strategic Partner
Great West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.