The Director, Audit Advisory & Project Audit Services is a newly created role with the mandate of establishing new capabilities within the Global Internal Audit function reporting to the AVP, Audit, Advisory Services. This individual will be accountable to support the organization in proactively managing risk by working with Internal Audit and Business Partners to provide independent insights on risk management and mitigation.
He/she will bring a particular skillset to support the development of project audit and agile capabilities to the internal audit function initially, and identify opportunities where Audit will provide business value creation through advice, innovation and consultation.
This forward thinking role will be key to determine how the Internal Audit organization will need to evolve its service delivery model and the requisite skills and capabilities to ensure the control environment is future-proofed.
- Audits of transformation and other projects and programs critical to organizational success.
- Working as part of and leading a team of project auditors to deliver real time audit findings and advice on various initiatives within transformation and other important projects and initiatives within the organization.
- Responsible for individual contribution and oversight of the audits of other key initiatives and projects.
- Development of project reporting capabilities to senior project stakeholders..
- Building relationships with senior business leaders in order to increase transparency and audit involvement in emerging projects.
- Act as an independent strategic advisor to the business as part of project oversight activities to assist in mitigating risk and providing independent insight to senior stakeholders, the project steering committee and board.
- Responsible for contributing to special projects and assignments in response to business requests or internal audit requirements.
- Developing the project audit methodology and capability within internal audit
- Providing training to a global team of auditors on project audit and agile methodology.
- Developing Internal Audits capabilities as an agile function.
- Assist the AVP, Audit, Advisory services in initiatives affecting the broader practice.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Project Management Professional (PMP or equivalent) [Minimum]
- Bachelors Degree [Minimum]
- CPA/ACCA/CIA/CISA or other related audit qualification [Preferred]
- 8+ years of experience in an internal audit advisory function with project audit and transformational change experience.
- Strong knowledge of agile and other project management methodologies, experience of assessing the efficiency and effectiveness of project management practices, reliability and integrity of reporting process. [Minimum]
- Experience in auditing and independently advising on large scale transformation projects, communicating value add and meaningful findings to business leaders. [Minimum]
- Experienced in leading change management initiatives, and driving the implementation of best practices. [Minimum]
- Knowledge of the ever-changing audit and regulatory environment and appreciation that success depends on staying ahead of change. [Minimum]
- Experience with an internal audit organization to allow it to transform along with and ahead of business changes and transformation. [Minimum]
- Ability to risk assess a program, project or transformation and allocate resources (including self) accordingly so as to maximize the value of oversight activities. [Minimum]
- Ability to communicate with senior internal and external stakeholders (board, executive management, audit and risk committee or similar) with different information needs, interpretations and objectives. [Minimum]
- Track record of developing strategic insights into changes that impact the various businesses and how Internal Audit needs to adapt to these changes. [Preferred]
- Experience of solving complex problems using creative solutions where outcomes have a significant impact. [Preferred]
- Knowledge of continuous auditing techniques i.e. data analytics, real time risk analysis an asset. [Preferred]
- Related industry experience.
- Ability to coach and lead others through ambiguity and change, make independent informed decisions where guidelines or a precedent may not exist. [Minimum]
- Requirement to work with minimal supervision with senior leaders and produce high quality output with little precedent. [Minimum]
- Experience in managing multiple projects and initiatives. [Minimum]
- High level of independence and objectivity, ability to distinguish right from wrong in familiar situations. [Minimum]
- Demonstrated ability to influence and work effectively with teams in a complex matrix environment. [Minimum]
- Ability to influence others beyond the status quo. [Minimum]
- Strong analytical capabilities, ability to produce leading edge output. [Minimum]
- Related industry experience. [Preferred]
- Cross functional knowledge and experience (e.g. risk, business, IT). [Preferred]
- Excellent communication skills, ability to deal with difficult situations and opinions diplomatically. [Preferred]
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.