At Great-West Life, the customer is at the centre of what we do. We are looking for candidates that exemplify this and can demonstrate it in their work.
Our Individual Customer (IC) Technology group is looking to hire a Solutions Architect to support the Wealth Solutions business unit.
Reporting to the Portfolio Solutions Architect, the Solutions Architect is a leadership role that partners with others (e.g. Project Manager, Systems Analyst, Lead Developer, etc.) to form a leadership team to support delivery.
The Solutions Architect will collaborate with their Portfolio & Technology teams as well as business leaders, sponsors, and stakeholders to develop strategies and roadmaps. They will work to define and maintain architecture artifacts for supporting project delivery and application support and lead technical vision and direction for solutions, ensuring consistency with overall enterprise and portfolio architecture that may at times include hands-on development (e.g. Proof of Concept). The Solutions Architect will also have the opportunity to effect change within the organization by incorporating new patterns and/or technologies into new ways of working that improve business value.
- Defines and facilitates a solution architecture that leverages enterprise capabilities and efficient usage of process, technology, data and people to align these capabilities.
- Consults with business partners and delivery stakeholders.
- Leads the definition of, and maintains the technical architecture(s).
- Owns the architectural decisions for the team, and leads technical vision and direction for the solution.
- Focal point for significant infrastructure and development issues ensuring quality designs.
- Builds roadmap(s) for implementing software and technology best practices in alignment with portfolio architecture
- Proactively identifies opportunities where solutions can enhance organizational efficiency.
- Actively coaches the team to solve complex problems.
- Keeps abreast of latest technological/industry trends.
- Trusted Technology advisor/advocate for business units.
- Supports the development of technology roadmaps and proposals to achieve business plans.
- Fosters a high performance culture for staff in the architecture team and influences this culture within IC.
- Works closely with all team members to create solutions that accommodate future architectural changes and designs.
- Identify critical driving forces of process, data, people and technology at the highest levels.
- Ability to look beyond traditional business concepts and drill to the heart of a given concept.
Qualifications and Competencies:
Bachelor Computer Science / Software Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
Minimum 5+ years of experience in IT environments.
Minimum 5+ years development experience.
Minimum 5+ years architecture experience.
Minimum 5+ team and project leadership experience.
Values simplicity and is unafraid to challenge technical constraints and procedures to utilize an iterative or agile approach.
Ability to build and maintain collaborative stakeholder relationships across multiple geographies and business functions.
Ability to effectively communicate high-level concepts and solutions with Technology and Business teams and stakeholders.
Advanced level of analysis of the big picture while maintaining a level of detail appropriate to the context of a variety of situations.
Clear ability to simplify complex concepts.
Self-starter with the ability to comfortably operate in ambiguity.
Understands the framework (i.e. structure, people, processes, and technology) that supports an organization’s strategy and can successfully leverage it.
Ability to challenge; understanding how to impact and influence.
Experience with application modernization.
Experience in the financial services industry.
Experience with virtualization, service architectures, and cloud computing.
Development experience in RDBMS, modern programming language(s) and frameworks, services, SDLC, automation, agile.
Architectural experience using modelling languages and frameworks (UML, TOGAF, Archimate, 4+1 View Model, etc), architecture practices and principles in Business, Information (data), Application, Technology, and Security architecture disciplines.
Understanding of continuous architecture.
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.