Reporting to the Manager, IT Risk Management, the Senior Analyst, IT Risk Management is responsible to provide second line of defense operational risk and compliance management services. He/she will support the first line of defense IT functions with their risk management responsibilities and will perform effective oversight and challenge of first line risk management risk management practices and decisions.
Support the Manager, IT Risk Management in the implementation of IT risk management oversight processes and tools.
Oversee the design and implementation of sound IT risk management controls
- Support the Manager in developing, executing and providing oversight on assigned risk and control programs and processes including but not limited to Risk and Control Assessment (RCA), Loss Events, Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), Scenario Analysis, and Change Risks.
- Analyze risk and control topics that are identified through risk management processes to identify significant risks, determine applicability and significance and support successful remediation.
- Support the facilitation and participate in due diligence reviews, regular and ad hoc technology risk and other second line of defense meetings as required.
Qualifications and Competencies (Must-have):
- Undergraduate university degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of experience in a 1st line or 2nd Line of Defense IT risk management function, or related IT control function or role
- Experience in roles responsible for building and implementing IT risk and control frameworks and methodologies
- Direct experience managing RCAs, KRIs, Scenario Analysis, and Risk Events Programs
- Demonstrated ability to aggregate and analyze quantitative and qualitative data
- Strong relationship management, partnering and collaboration skills to be effective in influencing enterprise stakeholders, excellent written and verbal communication skills to prepare communications and interact effectively with senior levels of management
- Innovative thinker
- Highly adaptable and comfortable working in, and through, ambiguity and change.
- Self-motivated team player who can work both independently and collaboratively.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple competing projects and priorities under time pressure without compromising quality
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter, results oriented, and highly motivated
- Strong organization skills with the ability to manage multiple competing projects and priorities under time pressure without compromising quality
Nice-to-have (what sets you apart)
- Experience with COBIT, NIST, ISO Standards
- Certified Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) designations are strong assets.
- Compliance, operational risk, and/or information security experience working in complex, shared environments.
- Demonstrated understanding for the complex and ever-changing regulatory environment and the need to be ahead of regulations.
- Understanding of Internal Audit practices and processes.
- Experience leading and accepting organizational change.
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.