The Process and Change Analyst will be a key representative in Process Excellence in delivering process initiatives for Plan Sponsor Services. The analyst will support the Process Excellence leader by providing input in decision making, and leading by example. To identify opportunities in our business processes and implement solutions to achieve operational excellence and quality of the service experience across Plan Sponsor Services and in parallel managing the people side of change.
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Winnipeg, Regina, Montreal, London
- Business process analysis (improvement, maintenance, implementation, communication, control)
- Document and maintain current state processes for Group Customer by seeking input from a variety of sources including written procedures, documents and interviews with subject matter experts
- Identify opportunities and develop interim and future state processes based on best practices and strategic orientation
- Perform ad-hoc process audits, document findings and coordinate with various areas on implementing improvements and managing change
- Develop business cases to provide cost/benefit analysis of issues affecting our teams
- Develop business requirements and system design functionality that meets business objectives and look for every opportunity to maximize return while balancing cost and timeline
- Collaborate with Technology on strategic initiatives to meet business objectives
- Ensure business requirements address eliminating non value added tasks, automating manual tasks, and improve quality
Support the business testing of system changes to ensure new functionality is working as intended and offer guidance with managing the transition from project phase to production
Implement new and improved processes aligned with business objectives in order to provide a positive return on investment
- Change Management
- Manage the people side of change to achieve a desired state of operational excellence (through communication, coaching, transition and training, and resistance management)
- Engage relevant business partners at the appropriate time in the project life cycle and providing input on business impacts to processes, training and communication
- Communicate process impacts to stakeholders to ensure they understand process outcomes
- Drive transformational projects from concept to successful implementation, while fostering engagement and adoption by areas affected
- Managing their own tasks
- Ensure the change / project aligns with Business & Customer Needs
- Ensuring the focus aligns with our vision of putting the customer at the center of what we do
- Apply Change Management practices to ensure resistance is managed and benefit realization occurs
Qualifications and Competencies:
3 years in a business analyst or process related role coupled with 3 years of experience in Group Customer
Business Analysis certification or 5 years of relevant experience. Training in change management is an asset
Winning attitude; strong commitment to success; effective communicator amongst varied audiences and challenging circumstances
Understanding of employee benefits market and its dynamics (trends, legislation, competitive environment); aware of and anticipates key trends
Understanding of how Group Customer Support can further strategic goals and vision for Group Customer organization
Inspires a vision that adapts to new realities, articulating meaningful expectations, and creating clear pathways to desired outcomes
Leadership and people management skills to help others navigate through change; engage and motivate employees
Drives results and contributes to change processes that improve organizational performance
Possesses a continuous improvement orientation
Using credibility and trusted advice, fosters collaborative relationships across functions and the business and facilitates cooperation; is highly skilled in networking inside and outside of the company
Fosters an environment that encourages new approaches, challenges the status quo and inspires creativity
Innovative and visionary thinking; willingness to bring new concepts or approaches to market
Understands the business environment and customer needs, identifies business opportunities that create competitive advantage
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.