The Associate Manager Performance Management and Monitoring will lead a high-performance team that is responsible for performance management & monitoring of Plan Sponsor Services. This role requires a leader who will passionately pursue a culture of “exceptional” customer experience. They will be a key business partner with Corporate Compliance and Risk & Internal Audit, ensuring proper first line of defense processes are in place and fully operational.
A main goal of the Plan Sponsor Services teams is to provide high-quality and responsive service within established best-in-industry service standards. The Performance Management & Monitoring leader will contribute to achieving this goal by:
- Ensuring a compliant Operation with focus on reducing risk where possible
- Managing linkages between other areas of Plan Sponsor Services and Corporate Compliance in a seamless manner
- Collaborate with Finance on Group Customer reporting for compliance, risk and controls items
- Providing quality assurance reporting to senior Plan Sponsor leaders
- Providing insight to trends identified via random audits to help drive continuous improvements
- Provide input into potential enhancements to Quality Assurance policies, practices and procedures.
- Work with the Learning and Development team on maintenance of audit checklists and reporting templates
- Oversees adherence to the Quality Policy and ensures quality controls are in place
- Responsible to coordinate resourcing support for Internal Audits and External Audit
Compliance, Privacy and Governance
- Keeps up-to-date on relevant legislation, tax, regulations & trend
- Supports compliance related operations activities
- Central point of contact for Plan Sponsor Services compliance inquiries, complaints, etc.
- Assess current practices to identify privacy risks and recommend changes or new practices, working with the business unit to ensure practical and effective solutions and implementation
- Establish business practices and reporting to provide evidence that compliance issues and initiatives are addressed.
- Works with Process & Learning and Development team to develop & implement compliance related processes
Performance Management & Monitoring
- Reporting Analysis
- Develop business cases to provide cost/benefit analysis of issues impacting Plan Sponsor services teams
- Coordinate and distribute scorecards and dashboards
- Strategic and Tactical planning support
- Review reports and provide analysis, impacts and quantifications of prospective or potential policy decisions
- Provide measurement of new tactics or strategies attempted, to see if they are successful
- Coordination of annual budget and capacity planning processes for all areas in Plan Sponsor Services
Business Continuity Plan
- Coordinate centralized BCP for Plan Sponsor Services
Team Leadership and Development
- Identify staffing needs to leader to meet objectives
- Assigns workload to match staff skill sets
- Work with leader to review and implement office organizational changes
- Develop training plans for new and existing staff to ensure continual growth
- Ensures succession plans are in place and implemented
- Conducts performance reviews and takes action on performance issues
- Handle salary/bonus recommendations
Qualifications and Competencies:
- 2 years in a leadership position coupled with 5 years of experience in Group Insurance Education/skills acquired through completion of a post-secondary degree or equivalent or 5 years of relevant experience
- Fosters an environment that encourages new approaches, challenges the status quo and inspires creativity
- Attracts, motivates and develops talent to build the right team to meet strategic direction
- Using credibility and trusted advice, fosters collaborative relationships across functions and the business and facilitates cooperation
- Drives results and contributes to change processes that improve organizational performance and creates a culture of accountability
- Strong leadership and people management skills to; engage and motivate employees
- Effective communicator amongst varied audiences and challenging circumstances
- Previous experience and familiarity with business processes in both GRS and GLH would be an asset
- Knowledge and expertise around Canadian legislative and regulatory requirements would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to influence business managers and peers to ensure enforcement of compliance programs
- Experience balancing business strategies with appropriate risk management controls
- Experience identifying, defining and communicating regulatory requirements to business groups
- Takes initiative and is a self-starter and the experience working effectively in a team environment where all aspects of the department have not yet been fully stabilized.
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.