The Group Creditor Project Delivery Systems Analyst is a key interface between various departments within the Group Customer business unit, in support of delivering projects driven by Group Customer. The role will also work closely with vendors as well as business partners in the Strategic Customer Marketing and Individual Customer areas when project delivery accountabilities and/or business value outcomes are shared.
The Systems Analyst will be responsible for collection, analysis and documentation of business requirements, needs and features, contribute to solutioning discussions and translate business needs and features into developer-consumable functional and non-functional requirements as an input to design, development and testing exercises associated with application delivery or configuration.
The successful candidate will develop a strong and deep understanding of Group Customer needs and how systems support the core business unit mission.
- Works closely with cross-departmental staff to understand how systems are used to support business functions.
- Works with cross-departmental staff and management to analyze how existing systems may be improved to better support their business functions.
- Works with vendors and cross-business unit staff to deliver new systems and technology solutions.
- In conjunction with development staff, is responsible to plan and analyze data structures for internal and vendor business systems.
- Writes detailed functional and non-functional specifications for developing or modifying various systems.
- Prepares detailed workflow diagrams to specify operations performed by equipment and system applications and operations to be performed by personnel in system.
- Plans, prepares or contributes to technical reports, memoranda, and instructional manuals as necessary.
- Responsible to support system upgrades and maintenance after implementation during the warranty period.
- Enforce application delivery methodologies, specifications and standards associated with CEO/CFO delivery controls.
- Provide technical documentation and analysis, help administer or contribute to training for users, and support end users during the transition to maintenance period.
- Create use cases for testing, as part of the System Requirements documentation process and work with quality assurance resources to ensure understanding of the requirements and traceability of test strategies, plans and test cases back to business requirements.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Post-secondary Degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology.
- 10+ years of relevant experience or the equivalent in experience plus education.
- Experience working with data, function and design of database applications supporting business functions.
- Experience managing substantial, cross-departmental projects
- Experience working with outside developers, vendors and consultants.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving, and organizational skills; attention to detail; and ability to coordinate multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Experience with requirements gathering and documentation of functional and non-functional specifications.
- A self-starter who can work effectively as a member of a team or independently as the particular assignment requires.
- Demonstrated analytical and computer proficiency necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build strong relationships with internal clients, and a successful track record of collaboration toward achieving objectives expected.
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft office (excel, access, word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both orally and written as communication is internally and externally with clients
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Working knowledge of web development, master data management, identity and access management software and logical architecture
- Experience with development or translation of customer personas, journey maps and wireframe into functional and non-functional specifications
- Ability to provide shared leadership and oversight of a project team, alongside the Project Manager and Systems Architect and/or other Systems Analysts on larger programs.
- Experience with agile project delivery
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.