The Inventory Shipping and Receiving Clerk reports to the Supply Supervisor and provides prompt and courteous customer service by processing incoming requests through our Supply Services mailboxes. The Supply Services department operates two rotating shifts within the hours of 7:30am and 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- Responsible for the timely receipt, confirmation and placement into warehouse of all incoming materials directly associated with Supply Services.
- Responsible for the timely review of orders sorting by oldest date first with priority being given to orders marked “Rush” and filled with stock inventoried in the warehouse.
- Responsible for warehouse cleanliness and is constantly arranging stock as it is depleted to allow room for new material being received.
- Monitor and maintain warehouse balances at all off-site storage locations and review stock balance reports from vendors on a monthly basis, identifying and resolving discrepancies.
- Consolidate stock where possible assisting stock picking efficiency and warehouse appearance.
- SAP must be updated on all orders filled through a Goods Issue plus labels generated through SAP as well. Data input must be accurate and relate to the proper Reservation Number to ensure warehouse balances are correct and not corrupted with inaccurate data.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Experience working in a modern warehouse environment with automated on-line inventory management, with a thorough understanding of inventory control and management gained through a combination of seminars and practical experience
- Receive training and certification for the elevated work platform (manlift) every 24 months and the forklift/lifting device every 36 months in order to remain compliant with Workplace Health and Safety regulations.
- Knowledge of the procedures for shipping and receiving material throughout North America, with an understanding of customs requirements and procedures.
- The ability to communicate effectively with GWL, LL and IG staff, policyholders, freight companies and external vendors on a daily basis, projecting an informed, professional image in a timely manner.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of SAP as it relates to inventory management and the correlation to Purchasing and Financial Control, and the impact and consequences of inaccurate data and material handling.
- Understand concepts relating to inventory management and theories associated with it such as FIFO, LIFO, inventory turns, cycle count frequency formulas etcetera.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.