Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: London, Toronto, Winnipeg
Are you an experienced Systems Integrator, Software Developer, or DevOps Specialist looking for a new challenge? Are you driven to deliver excellent customer service? Do you like working in a fun, fast-paced and rapidly growing work environment?
We are looking for a versatile and experienced professional to join our team within Application Services. Your background should have exposure to a wide breadth of technologies including servers, storage, networking, virtualization and security. Excellent customer service while solving problems should be a top priority for you as well as continuous learning in a dynamic and highly collaborative team environment.
- Provide expertise regarding the feasibility of application technology to enable business change
- Participate in the evaluation, selection and development of application technology to support the Canada Technology plan
- Ensure components are engineered to meet service levels and corporate technology standards
- After Hours On-Call and Level 3 Advanced Support
- Provide guidance and direction to multi-company application technology initiatives
- Provide consulting on application technology centre-related issues to a wide audience of staff
- Participate in project planning and estimating as it relates to the application technology centre
- Participate in transition to production and transition to maintenance, including providing relevant documentation and orientation to Production Services support areas
- Participate in direction setting and research for the application technology centre
- Develop or contribute to Best Practices and the mentoring of junior staff
- Work closely with Project Managers, Quality Assurance Analysts, Systems Analysts, Systems Architects, Software Developers and other Systems Integrators
Qualifications & Competencies:
7+ years of work experience supporting or implementing new application technology into a large scale infrastructure environment
Bachelor of Computer Science, Engineering, Science university degree or equivalent education
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Superior communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
Proven ability to write effective documentation that is clear and meaningful to its target audience
Effective internal consulting skills with a strong customer service orientation
Detail oriented with proven success setting work priorities, multi-tasking and balancing varying demands
Ability to lead and mentor others
Positive attitude and ability to learn new technologies quickly
Dedication to keeping up to date with current trends and best practices
Previous work at a large financial institution would be a definite asset
Linux and Windows Server Administration
Working knowledge of Active Directory
Cloud administration experience (AWS, Azure, Google)
Install and configuration of Confluence, JIRA, Git, Bitbucket, Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, SonarQube, Nexus Pro
In depth knowledge of DevOps concepts, techniques, tools and culture
3+ years of continuous integration and/or continuous delivery experience
Required Soft Skills
Pro-active, problem-solving attitude and ability to work calmly under pressure
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Comfortable presenting to colleagues and all levels of management
Experience working in Agile (Scrum, Kanban) environments
Continuous learning of fast evolution of technologies
Nice To Have Skills
Docker, Kubernetes, containerization solutions
Python, Java, Groovy
Nolio / CA Release Automation or similar (Urban Code, XebiaLabs, Electric Cloud, etc)
Security scanning tools configuration (IBM AppScan, WhiteSource, BlackDuck or AquaSec)
Performance / Load testing tools configuration (JMeter, BlazeMeter)
Log File Analysis tools (Graylog or Splunk)
AppDynamics, New Relic or DynaTrace
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.