We are seeking an energetic and creative Team Lead to develop a professional, team oriented and client centric work environment for our Service Desk Services team in Winnipeg.
The Team Lead, Service Desk Services is responsible to provide active leadership and coaching to the Winnipeg based Service Desk Analysts. This team provide first line information technology support and service to the Great-West Life, London Life, Canada Life, Investors Group and Mackenzie Investments staff and sales forces.
Reporting into the Associate Manager, Service Desk Services, this role is responsible for managing incidents, daily reporting, metrics, escalations and performance management.
- Provide day to day leadership, and overall workload balancing of team activities
- Provide a variety of human resource functions including recruitment, performance assessments, coaching and development, active performance management and resource planning
- Reports on/escalates to management any/all issues, such as team difficulties/concerns, as they relate to Service Desk processes, as required
- Participates in operational improvement initiatives to assist in managing changes to Service Desk functions/processes
- Implements and supports the transition to new/changed processes within the team
- Ensure Service Desk staffing, processes and technologies are aligned to support an exceptional service experience for callers
- Assists with the overall quality of the service delivered by Service Desk staff through active coaching and development of employees
- Ensure service level targets and performance indicators are actively monitored and achieved at the team and individual level
- Participate in planning for technology projects, changes and enhancements to ensure effective transition of support to the Service Desk
- Develop a culture of continual service improvement by observing trends and working with the team and internal partners to identify and implement action plans
- Provide Service Desk Analyst support when required
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Proven ability to provide top notch customer service and model the appropriate behaviors necessary for exceeding customer expectations
- A demonstrated ability to build high performing teams and develop employees
- Strong track record of achievement
- Proven coaching and human resource management skills
- Strong verbal and written communicator able to deliver audience appropriate documentation and communications
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical and decision-making skills
- Experience in an IT operational support environment with a track record of increasing responsibility
- Minimum three years direct leadership experience
- Technical Diploma or related education/experience
- Experience with service desk best practices, processes and tools
- Experience with major incident management processes and facilitation
- Working understanding of ITIL processes including Incident, Change and Problem Management
- Experience with telephony and ACD concepts and tools
- Knowledge of financial industry
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.