UX Design Lead
We are looking for bright and passionate people to be founding members of Great-West Life’s new Digital Labs. Do you have a passion for creating compelling and meaningful digital experiences? Do you ALWAYS think about the customer first? Are you a creative problem-solver and communicator? Do you want to help lead the transformation of a company and an industry? If you answered a wholehearted yes to all these questions, we want to talk to you.
ABOUT GWL’S DIGITAL LABS
Great-West Life is embarking on a transformation that will change the way we work and how we help our customers. In our Digital Labs, we are designing, coding and delivering new products improving the lives of millions of Canadians. We are changing the way a trusted institution operates by acting as a start-up, bringing human centered design, agile and modern web development practices to life. Our multi-functional teams of Designers, Developers, Scrum Masters and Product Owners all huddle together because we have an open, innovative and inclusive culture which is focused on us – talented individuals.
As our Experience & Design Lead you are responsible for three core activities:
- Defining requirements and problem being solved for through leading the discovery process, which creates design roadmap for a coherent and attractive user experience that will into account brand fit and data from other channels
- Designing and managing the user research plan and execution (e.g., conducting panels, surveys, interviews), playing back the results to the lab, and synthesizing findings to incorporate iterative design improvements to the product(s).
- Work with design team and ‘roll up your sleeves’ to create task flows and high-fidelity artifacts representing system behavior (e.g., wireframes, prototypes, etc.)
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Define the experience strategy facilitating work sessions with client teams and users to define key design goals and requirements
- Auditing the landscape competitively and comparatively for inspiration as well as design ideas that can be utilized in the current design process
- Lead the user experience and interface design efforts for the team, ensuring the delivery of a consumer quality product
- Create mockups , wireframes and prototypes for both mobile and web pages
- Conduct user research utilizing methods such as remote usability testing, A/B testing, 1:1 interviews, rapid contextual inquiries, etc.
WHO YOU ARE
- Experience in a Design Lead or Director role, leading and coaching multifunctional teams of design strategists, researchers, UX/UI designers and visual designers
- You have several years of experience designing delightful consumer quality products on both web on mobile platforms
- You love to design clear and creative artifacts (e.g., task flows, wireframes, mockups and prototype)
- Have visual design skills, including use of a diverse set of software (e.g. Invision, Adobe suite, Sketch, OmniGraffle, Balsamiq, Axure)
- Experience with planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing and rapid prototyping
- Have solid knowledge and expertise in UX design, preferably in an Agile environment
- Have strong communication skills with ability to articulate and optimize design based on the value to the user and the business Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.#LI-NP1
- We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
- Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
- Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!