In this role you will provide overall Business Unit Compliance support to the Group Creditor and Direct Marketing operations. This will require you to have a well-rounded knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements related to Group Creditor and Direct Marketing insurance products and services, as well as other compliance requirements related to Creditor and Direct Marketing operations. You will be part of the overall Group Creditor Business Development team, reporting directly to John Teti, Sr. Account Manager, Creditor Insurance. In this role you will work directly with the Creditor and Direct Marketing Sales and Marketing teams, and will liaise with the Corporate Compliance and Law Departments and clients directly on compliance matters. You will be responsible for the drafting and filing of mandated distribution materials, and will also provide support with respect to the drafting and review of all other marketing and policy documents. Lastly, you will provide support to the Creditor and Direct Marketing management team on Business Unit compliance matters and reporting requirements.
- Liaise and maintain relationships with the Law and Compliance department (internal and external) on any regulatory, and other compliance related developments and reviewing their implications with respect to Creditor and Direct Marketing products, operational processes and communicating requirements to management and clients.
- Providing support to Creditor and Direct Marketing management and staff on compliance matters affecting operations. This will include:
- coordinating the completion of internal compliance reporting requests,
- collecting materials related to requests,
- assisting business areas on controls related to compliance topics,
- supporting the training of Creditor and Direct Marketing staff on compliance topics, and
- answering day-to-day enquiries from Compliance and Direct Marketing staff on compliance topics, or escalating when necessary.
- Drafting, filing, updating existing mandated distribution materials (Distribution Guides), as well as coordinating the production of these materials including coordination of stakeholder review and approval with legal and compliance when appropriate.
- Reviewing and approving from a compliance perspective all marketing communication materials and policy documents, whether produced internally or externally by clients or distribution partners.
- Providing operational compliance support and operational subject matter expertise on product development and/or process/system initiatives, liaising directly with account managers, clients, and Corporate compliance and legal teams (both internal and external) as required.
- Performing quality assurance and quality testing on compliance topics, including Managing/Monitoring the compliance, by external administrators and distributors, with the company’s legal and regulatory obligations.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- A well-rounded knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements affecting insurance products, the distribution of insurance products, and insurance company operations
- Experience with group creditor insurance and direct marketing products would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to interact with a wide range of individuals at all levels
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to analyze problems, exercise independent judgment and make effective decisions
- Extremely flexible in order to function in a continuously demanding and dynamic environment
- Sound organizational and time management skills, and the ability to manage many pieces of work concurrently
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent computer skills including MSWord, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Ability to travel occasionally for brief periods of time
- Post-Secondary Degree or equivalent
- Fluency in French (both oral and written) would be a definite asset
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.