At Great West Life, we believe in improving the financial, physical and well-being of all Canadians. The foundation of our strategy is to put the customer at the Centre of everything we do.
Do you ALWAYS think about the customer first? Are you a creative problem solver? Do you enjoy learning? Are you a team player? If you answered a wholehearted yes to all these questions we want to talk to you.
ABOUT GWL’S DIGITAL LABS
Great-West Life is embarking on a transformation that will change the way we work and how we help our customers. In our Digital Labs, we are designing, coding and delivering new products improving the lives of millions of Canadians. We are changing the way a trusted institution operates by acting as a start-up, bringing human centered design, agile and modern web development practices to life. Our multi-functional teams all huddle together because we have an open, innovative and inclusive culture which is focused on us – talented individuals.
The Integration Architect is responsible for designing and supporting integration solutions that meet customer expectations across a portfolio of our products and business lines. You will be a member of a centralized API team, operate like a true Agile lab, and be responsible for building and supporting integration services, with a focus on APIs, for multiple business units. You will quickly adapt to our complex technology environment while applying industry best-practice Agile, Scrum, and DevOps software development techniques.
- Design high-quality integration solutions using industry best practices and techniques
- Collaborate closely with multiple teams and business units to deliver complex multi-tier application integration solutions
- Elicit, analyze, and define software product requirements, focusing on integration and APIs
- Responsible for high level effort estimates, code re-use, design patterns for RESTful API development
- Ensure high standards for availability, scalability, and extensibility of technology platforms
- Create epics and user stories to drive new API capabilities; work closely with scrum Product Owners, product Architects, and developers
- Support all phases of software delivery from design, development and testing through to deployment and production support based on Agile/Scrum practices while conveying the architectural vision and constraints to development/testing teams
- Develop ideas into concepts that can be reviewed and validated; foster team culture of experimentation and innovation
- Focus on continually improving and automating integration solutions and processes
- Contribute to the standards and guidelines for API development and integration solutions
- Focus on continuous learning and professional development; keep abreast of IT industry shifts and leading integration solutions
- Develop relationships with key partners and vendors to support our integration platforms; plan and manage updates and platform lifecycles. Drive business cases and decisions needed to meet the needs of our products.
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and guidance to other team members
- Build positive relationships with stakeholders & clients to deliver excellent customer service
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in business or computer science or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Minimum of 10 years as a software architect, with at least 5 years practical experience leading system integrations and/or APIs
- Knowledge of the following an asset:
- Apache Camel
- Spring Boot
- Java development
- Docker and containerization
- ETL technologies
- Insurance/Financial industry products and business lines
- Demonstrated experience with requirements gathering and technical writing
- Demonstrated skill in RESTful API design for large scale organization with legacy footprint
- Minimum of 1-2 years working in a Scrum environment focused on digital product delivery using Agile techniques such as Daily Standups, Agile Planning and Estimation, Retrospectives, User Stories, Sprints etc.
- Understanding of software development techniques such as Unit Testing, Continuous Integration, Test-Driven Development and Automated Testing
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to develop and maintain collaborative business relationships
- Able to pivot and quickly change direction in response to changing priorities while managing stakeholder expectations
- Experience coaching and mentoring software developers on requirements analysis, design patterns and development best practices
- Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, complex concepts to a non-technical audience
- Understanding of emerging API technologies and platforms
- Working knowledge of JIRA and Confluence an asset
- A natural ability to lead others, challenge the status quo, drive innovation and instill these qualities in others.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.