The Associate Manager is responsible for guiding and directing the development of marketing strategies. The role will lead a team of marketing specialists across two different provinces and be accountable for their career development, department education and skill advancement. The Associate Manager will also ensure the vision of the department is being fulfilled.
Why work with us?
We’re a passionate, creative and collaborative team that promotes an environment that is supportive and empowering for all team members. Aside from our awesome team, other perks include:
- Paid personal days
- Excellent benefits and wellness spending plan
- Pension plan
- Life Insurance plans
- Paid vacation
- Share Ownership Program
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Bonus structure
- Education reimbursement of $2,000 (annually)
- Health and Wellness Spending Account
- On site fitness facility
What you’ll do
- Overall accountability for effective marketing strategies and launch execution plans
- Inspires creativity among team members to ensure marketing materials land with impact
- Highly collaborative with Group Customer teams including the Customer Experience team, internal business partners, and the field
- Accountable for resource management and prioritization of work
- Ensures marketing specialists are aligned with field and identifies appropriate interaction points/mechanisms
- Builds marketing strategies and communication plans, ensuring messages and approaches align with the distinct needs and expectations of advisors and sponsors
- Defines, monitors and tracks marketing utilization, performance and digital analytics to optimize efforts and report to stakeholders
- Defines and documents launch strategies
- Identifies emerging tools / media / channels for communicating with customers
- Understands marketing best practices and brand strategies
- Identify and be receptive to new approaches, implement creativity and risk-taking while protecting the core messages
- Innovative and visionary thinking; willingness to bring new concepts or approaches to market
- Using credibility and trusted advice, foster collaborative relationships across functions and Group Customer
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships across geographies
- Is results driven and is open to change processes that improve organizational performance and creates a culture of accountability
- Can easily adapt new realities, accepting meaningful expectations, and working toward desired outcomes
What you’ll need
- University degree, in Marketing or Business
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of marketing and communications experience
- Understanding of group benefits plans, trends and competitive environment; aware of and anticipates key trends is an asset
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience coaching teams and facilitating growth and development
- Exceptional relationship management and collaboration skills with colleagues and clients
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with proven ability to manage competing priorities in a highly organized manner
- Proven project management skills
- Able to prioritize, focus and balance multiple priorities at all times
- Strong collaboration skills
- Able to travel based on the needs of the business
About Great-West Life
At Great-West Life, we’re focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. Whether handling benefit claims, growing and protecting clients’ retirement and investment savings, providing workplace mental health support for all employers or helping build stronger communities by investing in community projects, we’re committed to putting the customer first in all that we do.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.