The Creditor/Direct Marketing/Individual Health Services Project Delivery Developer role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Developer will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the delivery life-cycle.
Who you are:
You are an information technology renaissance artist. You have the experience, knowledge and motivation to help define, analyze and visualize problems and opportunities that our business faces, and then execute on those visions from the beginning to the end of the software delivery lifecycle.
You thrive in a dynamic, agile work environment, taking on any role necessary within the team, and/or as a leader of the team, to realize continuous improvement to products, services and technology that support the financial, mental and physical well-being of our advisors and clients.
What you do:
Strategy and Planning
- Collaborate with other developers, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications or enhancements to existing applications within the Group Customer technology stacks.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with users and departments.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Help develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
- Help prepare training materials for end users to operate new or modified programs.
- Install software products for end users as required.
- Perform On call support for applications within Group Creditor/DM/I HS
Qualifications & Competencies
- Degree/diploma in related discipline (computer science) or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices.
- Familiarity with the following technologies and proven expertise in at least one of them: Visual Studio, VB .NET, C#, Web Services, Oracle, MS SQL Server, PLSQL, MYSQL, Java, Java script technologies, PHP, Linux, Unix, Apache, Yii Framework, MVC Framework, ASP.NET Boilerplate, Mainframe legacy technologies and languages
- Knowledge and practical experience working as part of an agile team is desirable
- Prior experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
- Flexible and adaptable with regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.