The Financial Analyst is responsible for the monthly and quarterly financial reporting for the Individual Life Insurance (Life) line of business, the maintenance of financial information and models for reporting and projection, and the analysis of Life earnings and trends. Responsibilities also include supporting information requests and JV preparation for Life.
This role has broad scope, with opportunity to work with accounting and business professionals across the Canadian division to lead or contribute to results in the following areas:
• Monthly and quarterly Life earnings reporting and analysis including the preparation of data for Board slides;
• Monthly preparation and analysis of specific morbidity experience reports for Living Benefits;
• Design and implement improved management information to help achieve its business and transformation objectives
• Provide variance, trending, driver and impact analysis to provide context for results, cost and earnings levers, issues and opportunities
• Support the implementation IFRS changes
• Optimize and maintain internal control systems and processes
• Identify systems and continuous improvement opportunities to enhance processes and information
• Maintenance and development of financial models and databases
Qualifications and Competencies:
• Post secondary degree in an area such as Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Accounting or Finance
• Minimum 2 years related experience in a reporting area
• Superior problem-solving and decision-making abilities
• Commitment to excellence of processes – ability to identify opportunities and execute plans of action to improve efficiencies
• Strong communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, SAP and MS Access
• Ability to learn and use new software programs
• Well developed organizational and time management skill
• Knowledge of the Life line is an asset
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.