*This is a one year contract opportunity
Corporate sponsorship marketing position responsible for successful delivery and execution of brand sponsorship marketing programs and events. This involves working closely with Director, Brand Sponsorships in development of strategic annual plans as well as accountability for delivering sponsorship programs that meet or exceed the overall business objectives. Responsibilities include development and oversight of marketing plans for multiple programs, agency, partner and property relationships, contract management and budget oversight.
Reports directly to the Director, Brand Sponsorships.
Sponsorship strategy development
- Support Director, Brand Sponsorship in development of strategic annual sponsorship plans, goals and objectives
- Align sponsorship strategy with brand, digital, and social media strategies
- Review and recommend sponsorship proposals as received by external promoters
- Facilitate review and approvals of sponsorship agreements between GWL, property and legal.
Execution of sponsorship plan
- Develop strategic marketing plans for individual events or properties
- Act as a primary relationship manager with agency and property partners
- Work with field leadership and internal partners to develop, promote and execute regional and national events and programs
- Lead creative brief development and project kickoff meetings with internal stakeholders and external partners as required.
- Plan and oversee activation plans and ensure ongoing management of assets
- Maintain a schedule of upcoming events, renewal deadlines, etc.
- Track and deploy assets for signage, advertising, tickets, promotional items
- Work with communications, design and production teams to initiate asset requirements
- Order and maintain advertising/marketing collateral, e.g., banners, posters, merchandise
Communications planning/amplification of messaging
- Manage communications plan for sponsorships announcements and key messages, advisor and employee communications, consumer messaging in-person and online and coordination of media advisory and release announcements
- Collaborate with marketing communications partner to develop communications strategy for individual sponsorship properties considering internal and external audiences.
- Occasional travel by train, airplane and car in conducting business is necessary
- Ability to communicate orally with executive or senior management, vendors, partners and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is crucial
- Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
Qualifications & Competencies:
- The ideal candidate has 10+ years of experience working in a brand marketing position or agency account management position
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and strict attention to detail is imperative
- Ability to handle pressures of deadlines and high work volumes
- Must be able to use good judgment and work independently in a multi-task position within a dynamic, team-based environment
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage conflicting priorities and make decisions using strong analytical and problem solving skills
- High degree of fluency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat.
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.