As a member of Individual Customer Technology, the Business System Consultant will provide guidance and expertise on systems ensuring the effective application of technology to business problems and opportunities. This role combines technical knowledge of the various systems/data and a business understanding of what those details mean.
In the project and operational support environments, this role works closely with the business subject matter experts and the developers to produce clear and actionable business requirements, functional and design specifications and UAT plans that reflect the project scope and deliverables. With other project partners, they have a shared responsibility for project feasibility evaluation, quality and completion.
- Works in partnership with internal and external resources and project team members to provide guidance and expertise on the IRIS business systems and assists with defining business requirements and system design functionality
- Elicits and validates business requirements, performs analysis to determine impacts to products
- Develops functional and non-functional requirements
- Performs and/or supports the identification, investigation and resolution of moderate to complex project and production issues
- Develops/supports test strategy and supports testing outcomes, accurately records test results and supports business testing of developed system changes to ensure new functionality works as intended and offers guidance with managing the transition from project phase to production.
- Develops and delivers training & support materials for affected stakeholders
- Develops and validates solution design, product configuration, or package criteria
- Validates requirements and proposed solutions with business
- Ensures traceability of requirements across application lifecycle
- Learns new analysis methods, practices and tools
- Improves current practices and tools, and takes accountability for own and team deliverables
- Makes a positive impact on the well-being of our customers
- Ensures that project documentation is accurate and complete; provides a recommendation to project stakeholders during project sign off or for project decision requests.
Required Competencies and Behaviours:
- Post-secondary diploma/degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field (Business, Project Management)
- In depth knowledge of the IRIS products, processes and business systems
- Proficiency with MS Office products (Excel, Word and Access)
- Experience working on projects, large or small, or a working knowledge of project and testing methodologies is a definite asset
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work in partnership with Business/IS project teams, assisting team leadership in identifying, resolving and escalating issues
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks with competing timelines in an environment that is subject to sudden and constant change.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated facilitation skills
- Work well in a rapidly changing environment, yet understands the importance of responsible change management when effecting change
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Desire for continuous learning as well as the ability to train, coach and mentor others.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.