An exciting leadership opportunity is now available in London, Ontario as we are looking for a Director, Pension Risk Transfer in our Group Customer product and pricing area which is responsible for product development and sales of group annuities in Canada. This role also leads a dedicated research function and will serve as a thought leader for longevity risk in Canada.
- Leadership of all technical elements of the quoting including case specific underwriting to assess longevity risk.
- This individual also manages the relationship with our Investments Division to help maximize competitiveness of investment strategy to support the pension risk transfer business and ensure we are using the most appropriate investment yields for our quotes.
- Development and continuous refinement of our mortality basis and underwriting principles to support this business.
- Responsible for leading the research of longevity for the business.
- A thought leader for longevity risk in the Canadian Division.
- Presence in the market with direct exposure to consulting partners as well as clients.
- Understanding of LICAT and IFRS17 and the implications to pricing and return measurements.
- Product development to meet the evolving needs of the Pension Risk Transfer business.
- Work with administration to help deliver superior customer service.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- University degree with major in mathematics, finance or actuarial science.
- FCIA designation
- Prior experience in a pension consulting environment is helpful; investment related experience desirable.
- Strong operational background with a focus on controls.
- Ability to attract, motivate and develop talent to build the right team to meet strategic direction and tomorrow’s needs.
- Understands the Defined Benefit pension environment and sponsor needs, identifies business opportunities that create a competitive advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in developing highly effective long-term plans in line with the company’s strategic objectives; highly adept at setting goals and determining priorities, and identifying potential risks and opportunities.
- Able to foster collaborative relationships with Investments, Financial Management and Administration.
- Relentless pursuit of continuous improvement and willingness to challenge the status quo to introduce innovative solutions to the market.
- Bilingual is an asset.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.