Voice Services, as part of the Shared Enterprise Services Desktop and Collaboration organization, provides expertise in the design, build, test, delivery and support of solutions that provide communication and collaboration technologies to the business.
- Platform infrastructure design, build and implementation of Cisco voice over IP technologies
- In-depth knowledge of SIP protocol
- In-depth experience in Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE)
- Experience with integration with Cisco and Microsoft voice technologies
- Experience with Cisco Video Conferencing
- Field experience leveraging protocol analyzers and packet capture analysis
- Clear understanding: SIP, QoS, UDP, TCP/IP, VoIP, G.711, SSL certificates, VLANs and related technologies and protocols
- Maintain platform documentation for system builds, recovery procedures and daily operations
- Detailed infrastructure design and development of technical specifications for target environment(s)
- Support procurement activities including requests for acquisition
- Maintain existing voice environments and plan for future upgrades and enhancements
- Document operational and recovery procedures
- Contribute to training strategies and business implementation planning
- Leverage standard tools to monitor the environment to proactively address incidents in the production environment
- Provide Tier 3 problem resolution to quickly isolate failures between platforms in a complex environment – end-to-end
- Contribute to departmental reporting obligations including capacity, usage, performance, and trend reporting, as required by the business
- Leverage automation and roles based administration to increase efficiency of platform services delivery
- Self-motivated – able to learn new technologies quickly
- Design and deliver upgrades to existing platforms and new technologies.
- Implementation of security features in accordance with corporate security policies.
You have demonstrated strong people and project management skills including:
- Establish strategic contacts with individuals, who can be beneficial to the achievement of work goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to present technical information appropriate to the audience and facilitate discussion
- Excellent problem solving, analytic and organizational abilities
- Clear customer focus.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Degree/diploma in technology related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years experience implementing or supporting technology infrastructure
- Ability to design technology implementations
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to write effective documentation that is clear and meaningful to the target audience
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective internal consulting skills with a strong customer service orientation
- Attention to detail and effective planning and organizational skills
Technical knowledge in the following areas will be a definite asset:
- Cisco routing and switching
- Firewall technologies
- Legacy phone systems:
- Microsoft Skype for business
- Microsoft Office365
- Microsoft Identity and access management
Discover your opportunity….
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.