Reporting to the Associate Manager, Management Information, Finance, you will be a key member on the team involved in creating queries and reports for our Individual Customer business partners. The team also participates in some projects, acting as subject matter experts concerning system data availability.
- Meeting with various business partners, at all levels, to clarify requirements, understand needs, and possibly negotiate completion dates depending upon priorities and deadlines.
- Contributing to the documentation of accurate business requirements, which will be used not only by the team, but by the QA team and possibly the project team as well.
- Creating code to pull required data out of tables within our systems to create a usable report or query for the requestor.
- Perform testing to ensure queries/scripts are accurate
- Participating in projects to provide expertise from a data gathering perspective. Sometimes pulled into meetings to clarify what can and can’t be gleaned from a system’s available data tables.
- Answering questions from business partners about past and current queries. Also providing information as requested to the Audit team for their purposes.
- Maintaining query database and updating the inventory to ensure queries are tracked.
- Populating reports to measure individual and team productivity
- Management and running of daily, weekly, bi-weekly and monthly reports
- Participating in and providing reports for the Wealth Management Year End project
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Experience with one or more of the following: Cognos 10/11, SQL Server/Management Studio, Access, Excel
- A strong technical aptitude
- Experience with database management
- Demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within tight deadlines and with the ability to manage competing/changing priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Self-motivated, takes initiative
- Knowledge or experience using end-user reporting tools would be an asset (eg. SQL or Cognos)
- Knowledge of our segregated funds and/or mutual fund systems, products, and processes is an asset
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.