The Quality Assurance Services team within Canada Technologies for the Lifeco group of companies provides best in practice Quality Assurance Services to our business partners. These services cover all aspects of testing, including Test Leadership, Performance Testing, automation, accessibility testing, network validation testing, security testing, test data management and test environment services.
We currently have an opening for a QA Manager to join our team. The QA Manager will manage the non-functional QA Portfolio within the Quality Assurance Services team, providing overall general management, oversight for resource deployment, financial management, recruitment, contract management, metrics, innovation and knowledge management. Working with the portfolio team, the Associate Managers and Director of QAS, the QA Manager ensures the test services are defined to meet business requirements and contribute to the overall success of business units using the QAS Services.
The successful candidate will:
- Plan and Deliver projects and initiatives as engaged by business units and collaborating partners; achieve high quality and timely QA delivery for projects in scope for QAS
- Advance and improve test processes to support evolving business needs. Formulate test strategies to support project teams in accelerating delivery and reducing costs. Evangelize QA best practices and improved customer experience.
- Lead initiatives to increase the maturity of practice and implement new, agile approaches.
- Ensure risk compliance goals are met – including risk identification and assessment, mitigation plans and control procedures
- Provide thought leadership in quality engineering in the context of digital transformation.
- Recommend approaches to solutioning problems related to quality engineering, defects and customer experience
- Coaches and mentors resources (eg: cross-discipline CC practitioners, business/3rd party representatives) on quality assurance testing processes, tools, approaches, and methodologies.
- Maximize employee engagement, performance and development by ensuring all your direct reports:
- Have clearly aligned measurable goals and a development plan;
- Participate in both mid-year and year-end performance and career development discussions;
- Support and evolve Test Data and Environment Management
- Support and evolve Performance Testing and Application Monitoring
- Provide assessments and recommendations for test tools, techniques and processes
- Consolidates approaches on infrastructure and how it can be leveraged to support test activities
- Conducts internal and external research and reviews, to generate ideas and formulate recommendations for improvements
- Develops business cases to explore new ways of working, within and across the technology disciplines
- Provides direction, leadership, coaching and mentoring to the team
- Advises and supports business units, senior management, internal companies, and external partners
- At least 10 years practical experience in the Information Technology field, with minimum 5 years demonstrated experience in test management with focus on non-functional testing
- Ability to articulate objectives and drive transformation
- Ability to develop and manage a roadmap for non-functional test evolution
- Strong project management acumen resulting in achieving transformation objectives and milestones and resulting in exceptional experiences across the corporate application space.
- In-depth System understanding including: shared resources, components, services, CPU, memory, storage, cloud and virtualized components
- Demonstrates a continuous improvement mindset
- Has deep knowledge of advanced investigative approaches and tools pertaining to non-functional testing
- Deep knowledge of application monitoring methodologies, tools and approaches
- Strong understanding of scalability, capacity, workload modelling, KPI measuring, scripting, parametrization, transaction measurement and reliability concepts in performance engineering
- Deep knowledge of current non-functional tools, frameworks, measurement, analysis and investigative techniques
- Demonstrated ability to
- model load and identify bottlenecks
- manage the execution of system and application performance tuning
- implement application performance monitoring
- TDM Strategy implementation and setup of Test Data and Environment management service
- Experience working with Jira and Agile tools
- Deep knowledge of software testing practices, automated testing and software development
- Exceptional communicator – obtains executive and team support for the test practice mandate
- Possesses the passion and knowledge to establish a Quality Engineering culture crossing organizational boundaries
- Strong optimization mindset
- A career that demonstrates continuous learning as processes, tools and techniques have evolved and been applied to new technologies
- A deep understanding and experience using Software Development Lifecycle methodology and tools including Agile
- Post-secondary degree in computer science or similar desirable
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.