We are looking for bright and passionate people to be founding members of Great-West Life’s new Digital Labs. Do you have a passion for creating compelling and meaningful digital experiences? Do you ALWAYS think about the customer first? Are you a creative problem-solver and communicator? Do you want to help lead the transformation of a company and an industry? If you answered a wholehearted yes to all these questions, we want to talk to you.
ABOUT GWL’S DIGITAL LABS
Great-West Life is embarking on a transformation that will change the way we work and how we help our customers. In our Digital Labs, we are designing, coding and delivering new products improving the lives of millions of Canadians. We are changing the way a trusted institution operates by acting as a start-up, bringing human centered design, agile and modern web development practices to life. Our multi-functional teams of Designers, Developers, Scrum Masters and Product Owners all huddle together because we have an open, innovative and inclusive culture which is focused on us – talented individuals.
In collaboration with the HR Business Partner, the Senior HR Advisor provides strategic partnership and operational support to the Digital teams including Digital Centre, and Digital Labs. The purpose of this role is to provide integrated people solutions and trusted advice in alignment with the vision and strategies of the company, and that of the unique vision and culture and strategies of the Digital teams.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Provide HR related advice and coaching to assigned client groups and business leaders (typically ranging from SVP to Director level) on matters related to HR policy or practices, workforce planning, talent management, employee relations, compensation decisions, structures and organizational effectiveness, employee engagement etc.
- Elevate people managerial capabilities by providing advice, support and coaching to people leaders on all people and talent matters (i.e. leadership, team facilitation, situational training).
- Provide counsel and support to individual employees on work related issues (employee advocacy).
- Partner with business leaders to establish a vision for the culture, and to deliver on an action-oriented plan that achieves high performance, collaboration, and ‘customer-centricity’.
- Own the escalation of employee issues, and engage with Employee Relations & Standards Centre of Excellence to support complex employee issue resolution.
- Identify people related issues/themes across client groups and HR Center of Excellence (COE) areas and recommendations for action to mitigate risks and act on opportunities.
- Support cyclical HR processes for supported client groups (i.e. talent management, salary administration etc.).
- Participate on projects teams and/or develop and/or deliver small scale HR projects to the business (i.e. coordinating HR projects with members of the HR community and other key business stakeholders including other HR teams).
- Participate on cross-line business HR committees and councils to share best practices, lessons learned and collaborate on initiatives.
- Support and contribute to talent plans for the business/function supported (i.e. diagnostics of organizational health, key business/function needs and opportunities; strategies for recruitment, retention and development of talent pools; organizational effectiveness plans including development of strategic capabilities; elevating overall talent bench for supported businesses/functions).
- Assist with an employee’s return to work from STD, LTD and leave of absence cases.
The successful candidate for Senior Human Resources Advisor will have:
- 9+ years as an HR professional. Ideal education includes a post-secondary Degree/Diploma in HR Management, Business Administration or a related field. An HR certification is an asset.
- Preferably experience in Digital transformations and with technology / digital teams.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills to effectively deal with multiple stakeholders of varying levels including executive to front line employees.
- Ability to network across functional teams and build solid relationships.
- Sound problem solving and influencing skills, coupled with an ability to understand broad Human Resource issues and resolve conflict situations in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to multi-task with strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Excellent data analysis skills with a well-developed ability to think analytically and present various analyses in a synthesized, useful and understandable format, geared to the audience.
- Ability to identify trends and/or anomalies in a dataset and conduct follow-up root cause investigation.
- Ability to communicate and present findings in a succinct and professional manner.
- Strong work ethic, a high respect for confidentiality and sound professional judgment and initiative.
- Strong accountability and responsibility to meet aggressive deadlines.
- High functioning excel skills, including the ability to work with large data sets, advanced knowledge of HRIS and reporting systems and all MS office applications.
- Previous experience in financial services, preferably in insurance working in a regulated environment preferred.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.