The e-Learning Specialist (Instructional Designer) is part of a team responsible for developing and maintaining training curriculum (including e-Learning) for the Group Health and Dental Organization. The primary focus is developing training for 5 Health and Dental Benefit Payment Offices. This interesting and challenging role is continuously called on to develop comprehensive training to support new and competing business initiatives.
The job will interest individuals with proven instructional design skills looking for a Winnipeg based position.
- Design training which includes activities such as:
Evaluating effectiveness of training
- Collecting data, analyzing training requirements and recommending options to address training needs
- Finding, researching and analyzing available reference material to learn about job tasks, required competencies and expected performance
- Drafting training strategies including: identifying the scope of training, researching available resources/ materials, working with Subject Matter Experts to identify key information, and recommending appropriate training methods/approaches
- Liaising with stakeholders throughout the instructional design cycle; effectively communicating progress, identifying challenges impacting design, and exploring solutions to resolve issues
- Writing performance/learning objectives; developing learning activities that are appropriate to the content and reflective of the work learners will do on the job
- Developing comprehensive training materials (classroom, blended learning and e-learning)
- Using Articulate Storyline and GoAnimate authoring tools to develop engaging eLearning materials
- Working with a learning management system and publish e-learning content, organize training material, and respond to user questions.
- Arranging translation, production, and storage of training materials
- Providing recommendations on implementation of training
Ongoing curriculum maintenance
- Determining training/program/course evaluation methods and approaches
- Using Kirkpatrick Model to develop evaluation tools and timing
- “Piloting” training initiatives/programs/courses, document elements of the training design, and report results to stakeholders/sponsors
- Supporting implementation and obtain feedback on effectiveness of training, implement changes as required
Responding to questions from staff and leaders in the Health and Dental Benefit payment offices related to delivery of national curriculum and/or specific training initiatives. Investigating and resolving questions related to access of the learning management system and courses.Living our values of Customer View, Integrity, Partnership and Communities
- Following established curriculum maintenance protocol
- Updating national curriculum in response to: changes in legislation, automation system changes, changes in policies and procedures, new product releases, etc.
- Analyzing trainer/learner feedback, determine impact to curriculum and make required changes
Qualifications and Competencies:
- University Degree/College Diploma in addition to proven instructional design work experience
- Proficient in the use of e-learning authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline and GoAnimate.
- Experience working with a learning management system an asset
- Highly analytical, inquisitive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Sold creativity and problem-solving skills
- Proven organization and time management skills, experienced at handling multiple priorities and meeting tight deadlines
- Proven practice working in a team environment
- Group Health and Dental business knowledge an asset
- Proficient with MS Office suite including: Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to excel within a Purpose-driven environment
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.