Passionate about the latest and greatest technology? Always the go-to person in your office for tech advice? Do you get great satisfaction in helping people and finding creative solutions? Looking for an intellectual adventure with an evolving organization?
If so, we want to hear from you!
We’re an industry-leading training team that empowers our business partners with innovative tech solutions. We help people incorporate new technology into their day-to-day work so they can be more effective and efficient.
Its rewarding work, and a chance to join the best team at London Life. (but shhh, don’t tell the other teams we said that). We can’t help it! We’re just an awesome bunch, who likes to think outside the box, be creative and have fun at work!
Doesn’t this sound like a team you’d like to join?
London Life is seeking a Regional Technology Training Specialist (RTTS) within the Quebec - Sherbrooke - Trois-rivières area.
Our team’s objective is to help maximize performance through technology training. We deliver comprehensive training and support to field staff on the use of new and existing technology. Our team of training specialists are located across Canada and are part of the Advisory Network Organization. They support a variety of business partners, including Freedom 55 Financial field management, their financial security advisors, operations teams, Wealth and Insurance Solutions Enterprise (WISE), Wholesaling and Product Solutions.
- Supports resolution of technology related issues and problems
- Supports multiple mobile devices and technology
- Conducts technology training needs analysis in the Freedom 55 Financial Centres and WEPG offices for which they are responsible
- Leads and delivers technology training for existing and new changes affecting staff in Financial Centres and WEPG offices
- Markets technology training through understanding the business and relationship building in the offices they support
- Reviews technology training processes and tools and recommends changes
- Supports pilot, implementation and evaluation of business sponsored and project initiated technology training
- Identifies and communicates best practices for internal technology training delivery
- Identifies ways to improve overall effectiveness of the RTT program
- Supports orientation and technology training of new RTTS staff
Qualifications and Competencies:
Information Technology Environment Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in an IT environment
- Minimum 2 years knowledge and use of MS Office products, Windows Platform, and Windows 8 or higher and Mac operating systems and software
- Minimum 2 years’ experience delivering adult training, including classroom instruction
- Wide scope of training experience
- Experience or knowledge of technical devices (tablets, smartphones, laptops, desktops) and how they interact
- Fundamental understanding of a corporate technology infrastructure
- Ability to perform hardware and software component assessments using any PC or Mac operating system version
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Effective presentation skills
- Experience in training evaluation methods is an asset
- Experience in design and development of technical training is an asset
- Understanding of basic financial concepts in a financial sales organization
- Experience working in a financial services business is an asset
- Knowledge of the Freedom 55 Financial Centre and WEPG environments is considered an asset
- Adapts well to stress and change, managing multiple frequently changing priorities in a dynamic virtual work environment, ability to work under pressure with changing priorities
- Demonstrates excellence in providing customer service
- Exercises a great deal of patience, has an open mind and willingness to evolve in the role
- Ability to adapt to a variety of clients with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Builds and fosters relationships that support the communication and dissemination of technical and time sensitive information
- Experience in problem analysis and trouble shooting
- Ability to provide proactive solutions to supporting audience
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively to a non-technical audience
- Ability to work independently without day to day supervision
- Strong planning, scheduling and organizational skills
- Self-motivated with the initiative to study and explore new opportunities
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
Discover your opportunity….
Apply with cover letter and resume today!
Great West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As