- Conduct research or analysis and develop recommendations that support the evolution of Lifeco’s distribution and advice delivery model in line with Advisory Network strategic priorities.
- Assess current vs. required financial advisory and distribution capabilities based on the needs of distinct distribution channels and target customer/advisor segments.
- Build relevant subject matter expertise and thought leadership on trends shaping the evolution of financial advisory models in the Canadian or global financial services industry.
- Distil the most important implications for or impacts to Lifeco in order to prioritize issues and opportunities.
- Lead, influence or support the design and delivery of Advisory Network initiatives that enhance Lifeco’s advisor or client value proposition, while contributing to the development of a multi-year strategic roadmap.
- Work with a range of Individual Customer business partners (e.g. channel and product owners) to execute against Advisory Network business priorities.
- Create alignment and support across key stakeholders groups and work with Advisory Network or other business partners to implement and sustain new initiatives, ensuring they meet desired outcomes for new financial advisory models or capabilities.
- Define key performance indicators and measure progress against key business objectives and progress on key Advisory Network priorities.
- Communicate results and progress to Advisory Network and Individual Customer leaders and business partners.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Strong research and analytic skill set, both quantitative and qualitative
- Strong grasp of financial services businesses across insurance, wealth and/or banking. Includes working knowledge and understanding of product, marketing and distribution metrics
- 8+ years insurance / investment industry experience in relevant roles
- Direct working knowledge of financial advisory business particularly Lifeco distribution networks
- Completion of post-secondary, preferably in a business-related discipline
- Insurance and Investment industry experience / accreditations are beneficial
- Well-developed analytical skills and use of Excel or other modeling and analysis tools.
- Ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Ability to assess and evaluate internal and external qualitative and quantitative data for Lifetime Advice team and Advisory Network
- Provide information and analysis for the delivery of Advisory Network plans and ensure for measurable results.
- Support the execution of complex projects across multi-functional teams.
- Gather data from and exchange information and ideas across Individual Customer stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with Individual Customer business partners.
- Build knowledge and awareness of impact of both Canadian and global regulatory reform and its impact on Advisory Network.
- Ensure continual awareness of changes in Advisory Network objectives and business trends, and the associated implications for Lifeco.
- Engage with diverse industry SMEs on financial advice, regulatory reform and other key areas.
- Work with internal partners – Strategic Customer Marketing and Individual Customer Marketing to maintain a strong grasp on evolving consumer needs through both a qualitative and quantitative lens.
- Work collaboratively with range of partners within Lifeco to analyze best practices and provide insights for solutions Advisory Network.
- Understand and provide insights on how regulatory trends that will shape the standards for financial advice.
- Working knowledge of financial planning principles, processes and tools, Understanding of consumers’ financial needs and how they vary across life stages and across customer segments
- Strong grasp of financial advisory channel metrics within insurance, wealth or banking – including advisor business and compensation models, as well as key determinants of a compelling advisor value proposition
- Global perspective on trends shaping distribution of financial products and services, including familiarity with regulatory trends in Canada and abroad
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.