Reporting to the Manager, Internal Controls in Risk & Controls, you will serve as a key business partner with Corporate Compliance, Internal and External audit partners, and all departments within Individual Customer to ensure consistency and quality controls are in place to minimize risk within Individual Customer.
The successful candidate will assist in providing oversight and challenge to the design, implementation, and operating effectiveness of controls within the Individual Customer business unit, as set out in the following accountabilities.
- Managing and monitoring internal controls in Individual Customer to provide a single view of controls for our organization
- Assisting with the monitoring of tasks within the Risk & Controls team to ensure they are effective and co-inside with the various controls put in place within Individual Customer
- Administer and supervise the ITGC listing to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Manage and maintenance of the IC Controls database
- Responsible for the coordination of End User Computing (EUC) and Model Inventory within Individual Customer; this includes coordinating annual updates of inventories, reviewing for completeness, and consistency, and confirming that appropriate controls are in place
- Responsible for administering and supervising the AML & Privacy Training plans for all new Individual Customer staff
- Providing insight and reporting to occurring trends across Individual Customer
- Working and communicating with senior management within Individual Customer using a variety of formats and medium
- Assist with review and reporting activity within Individual Customer, e.g. internal audits, ICOFR, compliance assessments, regulatory reviews, balance sheet account testing, etc
- Assist with monitoring and reporting on action items resulting from reviews performed in Individual Customer to ensure actions are being addressed appropriately and in a timely manner
- Attending opening and closing meetings for internal audits, ICOFR, compliance assessments, regulatory reviews, etc.
- Support and coordinate any ICOFR related projects
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Understanding of the financial regulatory environment (e.g., risk management / other requirements from OSFI)
- Drives results and contributes to change that improves organizational performance
- Creates a culture of accountability
- Pursues continuous improvement and possesses a willingness to challenge the status quo
- Has a bias to action
- Able to foster collaborative relationships across Individual Customer using credibility and trusted advise to facilitate cooperation, particularly with respect to cross-functional relationships
- Is driven to provide consistent outstanding service and support to all IC structures
- Able to prioritize, focus, and balance multiple priorities
- Assess issues and provide direction/support regarding audit action items, along with developing strategies and tactical solutions
- Strong people, communication, and listening skills
- Driven to improve and support ways of innovation and efficiency
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.