This position will support the QA function of the IC data platform for both on-going projects and operational work. This role requires strong data warehouse/big data background with proven ability to work in agile/iterative environments.
- Review project deliverables from Systems Analysis, Design, etc.
- Requirements, Specifications, Systems Impact, High Level Design, Detailed Design
- Verification of documentation for completeness, correctness, clarity, adherence to Compliance requirements
- Ensure they are meeting / satisfying the described business needs
- Develop Test Strategy, Test Plan in conjunction with business needs with assistance and agreement from business partners
- Develop Test Sets and Conditions including expected results (with assistance and agreement from business partners)
- Plan, Organize and guide execution of Test Activities for both System Testing and UAT (business executed)
- Assist business with setup, execution and analysis of UAT testing
- Analyze and assess test outcomes against expected results
- Record test outcomes (including documentation of defects) for both review with business subject matter experts and to provide a record of evidence of system change impact (that would facilitate / satisfy internal audit investigation, for example)
- Manage defects
- submit / record an unexpected outcome
- facilitate discussion of prioritization, resolution, etc.
- organize release of fixes
- organize retesting
- assess resolution status
- ensure defect documentation is clear, complete, etc.
- Determine the fitness for implementation based on criteria agreed to with the business
- Document the Summary of Test Results and obtain business tester sign-off for implementation
- Initiate / Obtain Sponsor and App Delivery Approval of Test Results for implementation
- Participate in Implementation activities
- Analyze results of execution of system changes in production during and post-implementation (if needed and in conjunction with business participation)
- Initiate / Obtain business sign-off of post-implementation results
- Participate in Transition to Maintenance and assessment of any post-implementation items needing attention (warranty items or planning for resolution of any deferred defects)
- Participate in project closeout activities
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, or Computer Science or equivalent
- 5-7 years of Quality Assurance experience in Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence environment
- Advanced SQL is a must
- Strong exposure Software Development Life Cycle and prior development experience in heavy DB interactions is considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Good knowledge of reporting platforms Cognos 10.2.1, Cognos 11.x, Tableau
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.