The candidate will be responsible for the training of new Customer Service Specialists and Customer Service Assistants, providing ongoing development of CSS’s and CSA’s, recommending standard and/or enhanced procedures and providing support to the associate managers. They will also be networking with other trainers across the country ensuring consistent procedures are in place, sharing ideas and knowledge.
- Keeping up to date with all processes and technology using hands-on experience
- Training and development of new CSSs and CSAs seeing them through to the GRS audit stream by auditing new trainee’s work, monitoring progress with the leader
- The ongoing learning and skill acquisition of all CSSs and CSAs
- Identifying and eliminating inefficiencies
- Solving unusual or unique problems and issues using all resources and/or contacts available
- Being an exemplary role model for others, promoting professionalism and a collaborative environment
- Communicating and distributing appropriate and accurate information
- Facilitation of ad-hoc meetings and structured classroom training sessions
- Working closely with the associate manager in pro-acting for the development and enhancement of individual and team performance
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Recommended minimum of two years experience in a GRS Customer Service Specialist role or a similar position
- Customer service focused with a positive, can-do attitude
- Skilled in Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong math skills
- Organized and able to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Self-motivated with an ability to effectively multi-task and be comfortable with tight deadlines; results oriented
- Able to instill quality and efficiency in day-to-day activities/processes
- Able to recognize opportunities for improvement and recommend and support change
- Strong interpersonal skills – team player and inherent leadership skills a must
- Able to negotiate at all levels in a positive and collaborative manner
- Uses sound judgment in decision making
- Working knowledge of rules and regulations as they relate to GRS products
- Working knowledge of GRS products and administration
- In-depth familiarity with GPAS and the Administration Business Process Guide
- Familiarity with SIS and stock products an asset
- Successful completion of industry courses/license an asset
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.