Bilingual - Team Coordinator AML
Reporting to the Associate Manager, Quality Assurance, you will be responsible for:
- Providing knowledge and guidance to the wealth and insurance AML Specialist team for client-specific files
- Coordinating with other departments (Operational Compliance, CAMLO, Corporate Compliance, etc.) to share knowledge and information
- Monitoring daily work sources to ensure the timely and orderly review of all general and urgent cases
- Investigating and providing feedback on AML deficiencies resulting from Internal Audit and Corporate Compliance testing of client files
- Training new staff and educating existing staff on procedures and processes, ensuring they are up to date on legislative changes
- Performing scheduled monthly quality assurance reviews on all AML Specialists to ensure consistency, accuracy, and to create an ongoing feedback loop for continuous improvement.
- Performing a monthly reconciliation to identify non-adherence to the AML referral process, capturing any outstanding cases requiring AML review
- Providing superior customer service and satisfaction by ensuring service level agreements are met
- Responding promptly and professionally to AML Specialists, business partners, and advisor inquiries
- Investigating, expediting, and swiftly responding to escalated/urgent case referrals or inquiries from Advisors, Regional Directors, Operational Compliance, etc.
- In times of backlogs or high volumes, peforming first-line reviews of all AML requirements
- Analyzing trends and providing information that will be used in reports to senior management
- Enhancing the effectiveness of the AML program within Individual Customer by identifying gaps in company forms, processes, etc.
- Assisting with the coordination of collecting and submitting of information for audits of Individual Customer performed by various internal departments within the company as well as external regulators (e.g. OSFI, Ministry of Revenue Quebec, internal audit, corporate compliance, CAMLO)
Required Competencies and Behaviors:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written (English and French)
- Familiarity with Anti-Money Laundering legislation is highly desirable
- Highly motivated team player, works independently and requires minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, team building, and motivational skills
- Superior customer service skills, ability to diffuse heated situations
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Problem solver, innovative thinker, and self-starter
- Detail oriented – must have high capability to mentally and visually spot discrepancies between multiple sources of information, including procedure guides. Requires a high degree of concentration.
- Proactive, flexible. Adapts quickly to change and finds opportunities to gain efficiencies
- Strong working knowledge of internal business systems i.e. OnBase, Aura, SAS, Vantage, Investment Centre, Corporate Client, etc.
- General knowledge of administrative business processes within Wealth and Insurance (New Business, Client Service) is considered an asset
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.