Reporting to the Director, the Manager, Internal Audit, Systems will be responsible for the effective management and delivery of the assigned portfolio of information systems audits across all IT functions and lines of business for Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life. This role will provide the opportunity to combine your technical, auditing and people skills to effectively advise and support the enterprise on risk related matters.
As this role has a global focus we are able to accomodate candidates who reside or want to reside in Winnipeg, MB or London, ON.
- Lead information technology process audits by developing and executing comprehensive audit plans that consider objectives, scope, deliverables, approach, resourcing and schedule
- Simultaneously manage work on multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity.
- Execute assigned audit activities independently and/or managing a team/third party to the successful completion of the audit as required
- Ensure audit reports are written timely to a consistent high standard of quality
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business, risks and processes for assigned areas
- Identify emerging issues that may impact the audit plan
- Provide guidance, direction and support to other functional area audit staff as required
- Collaborate with Operations audit teams on audits of significant projects by addressing various system development and implementation risks
- Provide input and recommendations to director in developing a risk based annual audit plan
- Ensure audit findings clearly articulate risk and are documented accurately in the audit findings database. Monitor management response and manage timely follow-up for corrective action/progress
- Contributing to other practice initiatives, including but not limited to knowledge sharing, training, and practice management activities
Qualifications and Competencies:
- University degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent required.
- One or more of the following certifications: CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP is required.
- 7+ years of progressive industry-specific experience is required, with at least 3 years at a manager level. Experience working in Big Four accounting firm or in a relevant IT environment is preferred.
- Requires strong knowledge and skill sets in auditing applications, data, project and governance. In-depth knowledge and experience in application of COBIT, ITIL, ISO security, and NIST frameworks.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership skills, experience developing relationships with auditees and leading teams.
- Motivated, self-starter with a passion to learn and embracing new challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent analytical skills, and ability to problem solve and multi-task.
- Proven ability to build and maintain trusted collaborative business relationships with the ability to engage and influence others
- Knowledge and experience with Agile and Dev/Ops methodologies, as well as in building and executing programs for system assurance services and ICOFR is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in cybersecurity, robotic process automation, AI is an asset.
- Experience in using automation and data analytics tools including ACL, advanced Excel, Tableau, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Mainframe, Unix, and Windows environments is an asset.
- Certification in Business Continuity/ Disaster Recovery is an asset.
Due to the high profile of a number of our clients, a Federal Government Enhanced Screening is a job requirement and this will involve fingerprinting and a credit check and will require your consent to fully participate in the process.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.