Reporting directly to Christine Winter, you will be managing Underwriter Associates who are part of the SimpleProtect and Jet issue teams, accountable for the following:
• Management of daily workflow for UAs including balancing workloads, managing online workflow queues, ensuring the effective delivery of service targets and supporting workflow questions from staff
• Responsible for identifying, recommending and supporting the implementation of process improvements for your team
• Timely and effective performance management: including staff recruitment and hiring, succession planning, objective setting, ongoing performance management, assessment, providing coaching, mentoring and ongoing development opportunities for staff
• Handling escalated calls/questions received from advisors and business partners and providing guidance to staff on escalated cases
• Monitoring and reporting of service and audit results within defined timelines
• Quality: ensuring audit controls are in place and audit objectives are met consistently
• Management of budgets, including salary administration, promotions, recognition, headcount, overtime etc
• Drive change effectively; actively sponsor and participate in change initiatives
• Teamwork: motivating and working with your team to achieve all business mandates
Qualifications and Competencies:
•Strong proven leadership skills and experience
• Excellent organizational and planning skills; working with changing priorities and multiple tasks within tight deadlines
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; able to clearly articulate issues, concerns and updates to staff, advisors, all levels of management and business partners
• Strong decision making skills; required for escalated cases and day to day management of your team
• Demonstrates ability to deal with complex and escalated issues from advisors and clients with positive outcomes; must have strong negotiating skills
• Ability to work in an environment that experiences rapid change; able to deal with ambiguity
• Strong interpersonal skills required to develop relationships with all members of the team as well as field partners, clients and other departments.
• Strong analytical skills
• Forward-thinking: look for continuous improvement from a process and team perspective in a constructive and positive manner
• Dedicated to providing exceptional service, internally and externally
• Self- motivated and able to manage a demanding workload to ensure that all deadlines and mandates are met by the team
• Knowledge of Individual Insurance processes, systems and products would be considered an asset with a view to achieving a more solid understanding as you progress in the role
• Bilingual would be considered an asset
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.