Reporting into the VP, Operations & Underwriting within the New Business group of Individual Insurance, the Director, New Business Operations & Underwriting will lead the Winnipeg site in the execution of required processes in order to deliver high quality and timely service on every new business individual insurance application through to policy delivery and placing.
- Responsible for executing all facets of the new business process for Individual Insurance products handled within site location – including Living Benefits and Life Insurance.
- Ensure all operational objectives are achieved including time service, quality and productivity.
- Oversee all case administration and participate in escalations
- Effective management of complex casework, case escalations, exception requests and trouble-shooting to ensure applications for individual insurance business are issued expediently and in accordance with company philosophy and standards.
- Forecasting, planning and ensuring appropriate resources are in place to deal with work volumes.
- Manage and maintain site operating budget – ensuring prudent financial management of related expenses
- Analyzes site results and makes recommendations to VP around process improvement opportunities to be shared with Operations Support team
- Ensures consistency of processes being adhered to within site
- Ensure adherence to compliance protocols & ‘satisfactory’ audits are achieved
- Ensure strong training delivery to enhance employee skills and capabilities to deliver against business objectives.
- Collaborates with other site leaders, comparing business volumes, resources and other business needs to facilitate cross-site support and resources are deployed to ensure the overall success of New Business Operations & Underwriting group.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Distribution RVP’s aligned to channels the site is supporting
- Stay closely connected to distribution teams to understand challenges and opportunities and share feedback with VP, other site leaders and Operations Support team.
- Provide proactive communication to distribution channel partners
- Attend Distribution meetings / functions and make presentations when required
- Provide direct leadership to direct reports.
- Ensure strong employee engagement results, performance management, coaching and development of all employees within Winnipeg NB Operations & Underwriting.
- Recruitment, training and retention of employees
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Experience in leading operations teams > 3 years; Individual Insurance experience would be considered an asset (ideally includes New Business experience).
- Demonstrated ability to drive operational excellence with a focus on the customer experience
- Strong leadership, coaching & mentoring skills coupled with strong change management capabilities
- Drives results and contributes to change processes that improve business performance and creates a culture of accountability
- Flexibility to adapt and manage within a fast-paced, dynamic business environment
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships with both internal and external partners
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good judgment and decisions making skills – along with ability to assess risk and make informed decisions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative and strategic thinker with proven analytical and problem solving skills to identify meaningful solutions
- Ability to inspire and motivate individuals and teams
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal development and growth.
Discover your opportunity….
Apply with cover letter and resume today!
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of 12 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.