The role of the Account Manager will be an integral part of the Individual Health Sales and Marketing Team, becoming a Specialist in the Individual Health Insurance marketplace in Canada. This position will work closely with a specific group/location of Financial Security Advisors helping them drive their results by providing product, marketing, sales and service expertise.
This bilingual role can be located in Toronto or Montreal
Assist Advisors with sales, underwriting, business and marketing support via phone, email and personal visits.
- Support Advisors with sales by providing training on e-Benefit; providing customized quotes; conducting joint prospect calls; and providing competitor comparison intelligence
- Support Advisors with underwriting by explaining and setting expectations for various rates and product options
- Motivate Advisors by assisting with business planning; by creating a revenue stream of individual health business; and the training and development of Advisor’s staff
- Work with our Group Customer offices to create solutions for our Group Benefit/ GRS customers
- Provide marketing support by answering all questions related to the sale from e-Benefit set-up to customer service and renewal of existing customers, via phone, email and personal visits
- Liaise with Individual Health Underwriting, and GWL Claims, Marketing and Distribution departments to problem solve and assist Advisors in placing business
- Facilitate product training sessions at Partner Field Offices for new advisors including e-Benefit installation both one-on- one and training sessions set-up by F55/IG and WISE partner offices, delivered by webinar or in-person group presentation
- Assess and respond to RFPs for Special Deals including negotiation of terms and presentation at finalist meeting
- Build relationships with F55 Field Leaders and IG Insurance Planning Specialists and Field Office Directors
- Create and distribute proprietary and 3rd party information to Advisors to help them stay current on issues related to our products and services
- Contribute to the development of the team and motivate peers with innovative sales ideas and best practices; develop new sources of business through the use of proactive sales strategies
- 2-5 years of experience in the Canadian insurance and/or financial industry
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience
- A confident, independent individual who enjoys a variety of tasks and interactions that are dynamic and changing
- Knowledge and experience in group benefits and/or individual health products
- High degree of commitment and professionalism is expected
- Attainment of professional industry-related designations such as CEBS will be considered a positive
- Strong product, technical and service knowledge
- Confident communicator and facilitator with the ability to present, train and transfer complex knowledge in a manner that is clear, effective and appropriate for the audience
- Strong interpersonal skills including an ability to overcome objections diplomatically and influence the opinions of others
- Track record of consistently achieving business and financial goals and support targets
- Bilingual French and English required
- Requires a car as local travel is necessary. Occasional air travel
Discover your opportunity….Apply today! #GreatWestCareers
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.*LI-JB2