Reporting directly to the Manager, Meeting & Event Management, the Meeting & Event Planner is responsible for planning and executing events for London Life, Great-West Life, and Canada Life.
- Negotiating, sourcing, collaborating, planning and executing all aspects of meetings and events. Programs are business focused and generally take place in Canada or continental USA.
- Contract assignment, due diligence, risk management and execution for all associated event partners.
- Creation of meeting budgets and ensuring cost accountability, approval, reconciliation to Company’s financial system, reporting to relevant stakeholders. Experience with SAP is an asset.
- Play a role within the Meeting & Event Management planning team by maintaining a positive motivating environment, sharing knowledge and expertise and supporting change in a positive manner.
- On site execution of program including coordination of meeting & event planning team, meeting partners and attendees.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- 3-5 years experience in meeting and event planning
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with the ability to handle conflicting priorities and fluctuating workloads
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required to present value added options to meeting partners, stakeholders and senior officers
- Establishing strong relationships with internal business clients in order to ensure best meeting practices, economies of scale and positive collaboration are applied to meetings and events
- Proven negotiating, problem-solving, time management and decision-making skills
- Project Management experience including direction of workflow and assignment and monitoring of tasks within the project team
- Able to grasp new change and challenges with enthusiasm while sharing ideas/progress with colleagues
- CMP designation an asset or a commitment to attaining the CMP designation
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word, Outlook
- Ability to work overtime to meet project deadline
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.