As a Service Specialist, you will be responsible for providing excellent customer service to our clients and Advisors. You will be a key part of the Great-West Life Group Customer team, working with sales and service roles across multiple offices to achieve common goals, and delight our customers.
- Implement, manage and maintain Group Life and Health benefits plans for assigned clients, including preparation of new case applications and amendment applications
- Participate in employee educational sessions
- Review contracts and employee booklets, and provide interpretation of contract wording to clients and advisors
- Meet with clients and advisors on a regular basis to review and discuss product updates as well as administrative and claims procedures
- Assist with training clients on administration of their benefit plans, including the on-line enrollment, billing and reporting tool
- Act as a liaison with head office and claims offices on issues/problems with respect to assigned clients. Actively seek to find solutions for client/advisor issues
- Work with underwriting on review and approval of routine plan changes
- Manage premium billing problems/issues including employee terminations, new employee additions, wage/salary changes, etc.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Highly adaptable, driven to be your best, and proven initiative.
- Post-secondary level education or a combination of relevant work experience
- A valid driver’s license is required and automotive transportation
- Proven experience providing excellent customer service
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong decision making, problem solving skills and analytical skills
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Effective delegation and follow up skills
- Project management skills
- Preference will be given to applicants who have completed the Group Health and Life primer course and/or CEBS courses for the GBA designation
- Experience with Group Life and Health products and processes is an asset
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.