Our Internal Audit team is on an exciting journey to meet the current and future needs of our stakeholders. Our team is an ideal fit if you:
- Enjoy learning about new business areas and activities
- Are a strong communicator
- Seek to challenge the status quo by presenting insightful solutions, and
- Are effective at creating strong collaborative relationships
What We Do
As an independent assurance function, we assess risks and advise on improvements for the organization’s business processes, change initiatives, and financial controls. Our focus is on providing factual, meaningful results that add value to the organization and support our strategic direction.
Our audit team is provided with a broad exposure to operations, systems, and management throughout the corporation, a wide variety of projects in a professional team-oriented environment, and the potential for impacting company processes and controls.
- Carry out (either as file reviewer or as auditor for more complex engagements) all phases of the operational audit process including risk identification and assessment, test program design and execution, developing recommendations for improvement, and preparing draft audit reports for presentation to management
- Oversee certain Financial Controls testing and engagements that support our external auditors
- Positively contribute to the success of the audit team by working collaboratively with peers to achieve targets while continuously challenging and enhancing practices
- Participate in various special projects when required, such as application systems development or other corporate initiatives, to assist the organization in ensuring controls are satisfactory and project results are achieved
- Engage, coach and mentor a high performing team.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- A recognized accounting (CPA) or auditing (CIA) designation; consideration also given for those with a recognized actuarial, project management or risk management/compliance designation
- Five years or greater of experience in accounting, auditing, or relevant business experience
- Experience in risk based audit planning, control testing and report writing
- Experience in performing data analytics on engagements as well as auditing change management and strategic initiatives is considered an asset
- Ability to develop and carry out audits on time and within budget
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to work within high-performance teams as well as independently
- Demonstrated people leadership experience
- Proven ability to build effective relationships and work collaboratively with other functional areas
- Resourcefulness demonstrated through a superior analytical and organizational ability to:
- identify issues, analyze for root cause, and recommend suitable solutions
- identify innovative ways to improve audit efficiency and effectiveness
- handle multiple and changing priorities while ensuring key deliverables are met within defined timelines.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Resourceful and commitment to the organizational and department strategy
- Strong customer focus and commitment to quality
- Experience using the Lean Six Sigma approach for process improvement or having a Lean Six Sigma Certification would be an asset
- Willingness to travel (average 1-3 times/year)
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.