Our organization is strong, and we’re getting stronger. Our credit team is growing to meet increasing demand and there’s never been a better time to be a part of this great company. Join a creative organization where you’ll put your credit planning and mortgage product wholesaling skills to use generating quality residential loans in a company recognized for providing mortgages to Canadians for more than 100 years. Spread your wings and partner with some of the most ambitious, spirited, energetic people you’ll ever meet in your life.
We’re looking for a self-motivated, career-minded Credit Planning Consultant with a minimum of 5 years’ experience within a mortgage sales and wholesaling role to play a key support role with London Life financial security advisors in Vancouver. While you thrive in an ambitious environment, you may feel held back and under-recognized at your current financial institution and compelled to seek another opportunity. Here your product focus is mortgage and debt solutions. Your strength is building long-term relationships. You will have a Sales Support Associate aligned to you to drive the day to day administration and underwriting of this role allowing you to do what you do best-getting out and building proactive relationships with the advisors you support to drive the sales needle forward.
- You’ll represent the credit business as an expert consultant in matters related to; the credit industry, product, regulatory and advice on credit and cash flow solutions
- When an advisor introduces you to a client opportunity, you’re on it; eager to help them find a solution by providing advice to meet the customers financial objectives
- You’ll act as an advisors go-to specialist. You know how to cultivate strong advisor relationships and educate advisors and field management on the benefits of incorporating cash flow management and credit expertise into their book of business
- You will become a trusted partner with the advisors and help to grow their book of business and revenue through credit and cross-selling opportunities
- You will deliver bottom line credit sales growth by meeting and exceeding sales objectives and drive sales growth/objectives within region
This role does include some travel within an assigned region, so you’ll require a vehicle for this position. But you’re game to amp up your opportunities to succeed.
If you believe you’ve got what it takes, and want to make a difference, we want to hear from you.
- You’re dialed into the local real estate market, and havea solid understanding of mortgage credit
- Your background includes at least 5 years’ experience in the financial services industry. You’re enthusiastic and not afraid to step outside yourcomfort zone and try something new and educational
- You’re an excellent relationship builder, well organized, and possess great sales and communications skills. You project instant credibility, and can talk the talk like a pro. If you have a financial planning background, so much the better
- You believe in cross-pollination and sharing ideas, not just with your proprietary team of advisors, but with your peers in other regions as well. Change and evolution keep you engaged and fulfilled
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Minimum five years’ experience of experience in the Canadian financial services industry in a mortgage or lending role
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience
- Strong sales or wholesaling experience and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated experience working with advisors and/or in a referral based environment
- Competent in mortgage and credit product knowledge, tools and sales concepts
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to think and communicate quickly and professionally
- Strong commitment to personal development
- Ability to travel throughout an assigned region using your own means of transportation
Perks of working with Great-West Life, London Life, Canada Life
- Ongoing professional development:We offer an array of proprietary and industry leading programs, seminars and learning workshops to inspire greatness and improve your knowledge, training and selling/marketing skills
- Competitivecompensation: We designed our compensation program to reward your It includes a generous base salary complemented by a productivity-based bonus component. A flexible benefit plan, company-matching RPP and a share ownership plan round out the overall compensation package.
- Recognition and rewards: We go all out to recognize excellent performance with a multitude of programs, campaigns, promotions and development meetings to reward your success
- Provenprocesses, strategies & tools: We provide a wide array of resources, tools and processes for improving workflow, working with clients as well as for leading your business
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.