You might think graphic design for an insurance company consists only of forms, applications and admin guides but our Customer Experience and Marketing team goes well beyond. Our designers produce creative solutions to promote our products and creatively support full marketing campaigns.
The design team creates visual solutions to communicate ideas that inspire, inform or captivate audiences. They develop the overall layout and production design for online and print publications, brochures and full product campaigns. The team applies iconography, infographics, typography and photography in creative ways to solve design problems and achieve marketing objectives. This could involve transforming statistical data into visual graphics and diagrams to make complex ideas more accessible. Graphic designers work as part of collaborative project teams that include communications and marketing professionals, business experts and other designers.
This position reports to the Associate Manager, Graphic Design in our Customer Experience and Marketing department located in London.
- Develop and execute creative, high-quality and cost-effective design solutions
- Work with team members to develop engaging, customer-focused designs in English and French
- Create final artwork in a MAC environment and know the software capabilities and file formats required for various mediums to ensure compatibility with supplier and/or print vendor
- Review printer’s proofs before final printing
- Source stock photography, illustrations, vectors and imagery
- Create custom illustrations
- Produce digital assets (PDFs, graphics, templates, PPTs etc.) as well as print materials
- Liaise with internal production team and print vendors to prepare print-ready files
- Follow workflow and processes accurately and consistently
- Communicate regularly and openly with project co-ordinatorsand production team
- Develop creative concepts that align with strategic objectives
- Fully integrate with communications and marketing partners on large projects, offer strategic design input and contribute design expertise to help solve problems
- Craft innovative solutions within corporate design and brand standards
- Provide direction on tactical execution to other designers when partnered on major initiatives
- Apply knowledge of the Group Customer business to design recommendations
- Discover new ways to deliver on traditional ideas
- Work productively with team members located in Winnipeg, London and Montreal
Qualifications and Competencies:
- At least 5 years’ experience as a graphic designer
- Post-secondary education in Graphic Design
- Proficient in Adobe creative cloud ─Adobe Indesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat
- Experience creating tables, tabs, style sheets and master pages in Adobe Indesign
- Advanced understanding and application of the fundamentals of design – you’ll need to submit a portfolio as part of the selection process
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
- A knack for making persuasive pitches
- An openness around exchanging ideas and providing feedback to further the creativity and strategy of a project
- Advanced skills and experience designing with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, an asset
- Self-motivated, organized and be able to multi-task
- Adaptable to changing priorities and able to hit moving deadlines
- A problem solver
- Collaborative, open and positive communicator
- Known for your interpersonal skills
- Passionate, energetic and enthusiastic
- Detail oriented when it matters and flexible when you need to be
- Driven to get the job done, sometimes outside of traditional work hours
- Innovative and are willing to try new things
- Comfortable in fast-paced team environment
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.