The Associate Marketing Specialist is responsible for assisting in the development of marketing strategies for advisor, plan sponsor, and plan member audiences. The associate marketing specialist will create plans that reach the audiences with compelling messages developed to promote the product or service and reinforce Great-West Life as a thought leader in the industry. Led by the Associate Manager, Marketing, the associate marketing specialist must foster collaboration, and ensure tone, messaging, and strategy are consistent across channels.
Why work with us?
We’re a passionate, creative and collaborative team that promotes an environment that is supportive and empowering for all team members. Aside from our awesome team, other perks include:
- Paid personal days
- Excellent benefits and wellness spending plan
- Pension plan
- Life Insurance plans
- Share Ownership Program
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Bonus structure
- Education reimbursement of $2,000 (annually)
- Onsite fitness facility
What you’ll do:
- Provides marketing recommendations to Customer Experience & Marketing teams and business partners
- Highly collaborative with Group Customer teams, internal business partners, and the field
- Defines efficient work processes for Marketing teams
- Trains new team members on process and best practices
- Ensures marketing plans are complete for mid-size initiatives, and creative briefs are completed for all smaller projects
- Ensures our messages and approaches align with the distinct needs and expectations of advisors and plan sponsors
- Defines, monitors and tracks marketing utilization, performance, and digital analytics to optimize efforts and report to stakeholders
- Creates and documents launch strategies
- Communicates project updates to stakeholders
- Identifies emerging tools / media / channels for communicating with customers
- Strategizes and identifies trends
- Project management of expectations and prioritization of initiatives
What you’ll need:
- 2 years of marketing & communications experience
- Post-secondary education with a focus on Marketing or Business
- Understanding of group benefits plans, creditor and individual health markets preferred
- Aware of and anticipates key industry trends
- Project management skills – ability to work with multiple tasks and resources within critical timelines.
- Customer service focused – including the ability to communicate professionally and with confidence electronically, on the phone and in-person
- Strategic mindset – understanding of how product and pricing can further strategic goals and vision for Group Customer organization
- Winning attitude – strong commitment to success; effective communicator amongst varied audiences and challenging circumstances
- Demonstrated ability to translate technical details and industry jargon into simple language easily understood and absorbed by sponsors and advisors
- Track record of collaboration and responsiveness in supporting business needs
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.