The purpose of this job is to complete all clerical, administrative, accounts receivable, cash handling functions and inputting of catering orders for the Food Service Department. This role would be expected to manage the high volume of interactions between customers and the Food Service team as well as the paper and audit trail of the Food Service business.
- Cash Handling- completing deposits, balancing tills, preparing floats, investigating discrepancies, and reconciling petty cash
- Accounts Receivable Functions- generating and distributing monthly invoices, accepting, recording and tracking all payments, following up on outstanding invoices to ensure timely payment
- Cash Register System Management- updating register screens, running daily, weekly and monthly reports, maintaining new customer and terminated customer files, generating payroll upload files according to schedule
- Manage Customer inquiries- redirecting questions & comments as required to leadership team, accepting payments on account, providing vending refunds as required
- Catering – accept catering orders from customers, creating function sheets, communicating with staff, preparing set up drawings, updating functions as changes occur
- Invoice payment- coding all invoices in SAP for goods received to appropriate GL accounts, authorizing and submitting for payment to AP, requesting and following up on any credits required
- Staff Hours- entering all staff hours in company payroll system according to schedule, recording attendance statistics monthly
- Food Service forms and records maintenance
- Financial Spreadsheets- inputting month end sales information into preset financial spreadsheets and sending to finance for upload, month end bank account reconciliation
- Food Service Web pages- maintaining all FS web pages current at all times, posting menus and information as required
- Cafeteria Signage- inputting and distributing labels, promotional material, menus, signage as instructed
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Well developed computer skills to include outlook, excel, word and power point
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Superior communication skills- written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and problem solve
- Exceptional customer service
- Knowledge of the Food Service business would be an asset
- SAP knowledge would be an asset
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.