SENIOR PROPERTY MANAGER
When you see an opportunity to make things better, do you seize it? Vertica Resident Services is a company driven to change the way people think about apartment living. We are always interested in meeting people who have the drive to help us create a new level of customer service in the resident services market.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Property Manager in Halifax who is responsible for the professional management and administration of residential rental properties under management. The Senior Property Manager will report to a Regional Manager and is expected to take a proactive approach in administering the activities of the assigned properties including determining, establishing and implementing effective operating procedures and providing strategic planning.
If your goal is to provide exceptional customer service and work for an industry leader then apply now to join the Vertica Resident Services Team.
- Professionally and courteously handle all inquiries, feedback, complaints or concerns. Ensure a high level of resident relations is maintained through regular contact and proactive attention to resident needs.
- Foster and develop a strong customer service culture amongst all staff.
- Operate properties in accordance with the management contract and approved annual budgets. Be responsible for ensuring all Property Management policies, procedures and operations are executed to standard.
- Establish and operate a program of corrective maintenance, which will efficiently sustain a high level of resident satisfaction andaesthetic standards.
- Ensure preventative maintenance is scheduled and completed.
- Ensure repairs and maintenance requests meet budgetary and operational expectations.
- Managing building service contract performance to ensure prudent, cost-effective practices are constantly observed.
- Perform and document monthly site and vacant suite inspections. Routinely follow-up to ensure all deficient items identified are addressed in timely manner.
- Ensure suites on turnover and complete a scope of work is consistent with established policies and procedures. Ensure follow-up for all deficient items identified are addressed in timely manner.
- Authorize work and purchase orders to approved limits. Review and approve invoices according to standard policies andprocedures.
- Ensure resident files are consistent with policies and procedures.
- Review and approve new leases according to established leasing policy and procedure.
- Maintain an effective system of rent collection and revenue security. Initiate follow-up where payments are not made and initiateand attend to legal and collection when necessary. Be responsible and accountable for all accounts receivable.
- Continually review and evaluate the rent matrix for each property with the Director of Marketing and property Asset Manager. Make strategic marking recommendations to maximize revenue per available suite (REVPAS).
- Maintain occupancy and rental income levels which comply with budgeted expectations.
- Be responsible and accountable for the supervision and activities of all site staff.
- Motivate and develop site staff, managing performance to expectations and annual reviews.
- Ensure compliance with all legislation, including but not limited to, the Residential Tenancies Act, Fire Code and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Liaise with Asset Managers to establish annual strategy for the property, building upgrades, and resident retention initiatives.
- Keep abreast of any changes in property management standards, new applications, trends and ideas. Focus on innovation andnew technology.
- Be familiar with and adhere to the company’s Health and Safety policy.
- Ensure all vendors and contractors comply with the established health and safety policy, and immediately address any infractions, hazardous conditions, or damaged equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Administration and Reporting:
- Develop, administer and submit annual operating and capital budgets.
- Ensure weekly availability reporting is accurate.
- Complete monthly property reports, variance reports, and quarterly re-forecasts. Perform and document monthly site and vacant suite inspections. Routinely follow up to ensure all deficient items identified are addressed in timely manner.
- Complete quarterly property status reports.
- Maintain an orderly office area, including proper filing of all hard and soft copy documentation and correspondence.
- Assist with any Asset Management analysis and reporting as required.
- Complete any other reporting consistent with requirements of the property management contract.
- A passion for excellence in customer service delivery.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the housing industry as a multi-residential manager.
- University degree or professional designation an asset.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong command of MS Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Detail-oriented; able to resolve problems using facts, sound reasoning and common sense.
- Knowledge in Yardi property management systems an asset.
If you are interested in this position please forward your resume to via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 416-552-6111
Property management company Vertica Resident Services offers suites for rent in Edmonton, Calgary, Brampton, Montreal, Burlington, Milton, Oakville, Ottawa, Toronto and North York.
Vertica is about always working towards raising the bar on service for our residents. It's about continually taking important things like how we serve our customers, how we conduct our business and the quality of our rental properties to new heights.