Job Title: Actuarial Analyst, Reinsurance Financial Management
(18 month contract)
Reporting to: Assistant Vice President, Reinsurance Financial Management
The main objective of the Financial Management team is to produce and analyze the movement in actuarial liabilities. The principal focus is Canadian GAAP reporting but the successful candidates will likely work with other bases such as U.S. Statutory, U.S. Tax and U.S. GAAP. The project work involves explaining results on inforce business or enhancing our valuation models.
- Running GGYAXIS valuation models and analyzing reserve changes
- Setting up models for new clients
- Comparing model projections with actual experience and addressing differences
- Solving problems by collaborating with other areas such as Pricing, Treaty, Data Management, Financial Reporting, and Risk Analysis & Research
- Reviewing valuation assumption validity
- Performing sensitivity testing on key assumptions to support basis changes in models
- Projecting liability cashflows of various business lines used by ALM in cashflow testing
- Supporting other department functions involving DCAT, MCCSR, and planning
- Recent graduate of an actuarial undergraduate program
- Actuarial background working towards the FSA and FCIA designation
- Working knowledge of AXIS
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Access
- Valuation and/or pricing experience an asset
- Reinsurance experience an asset
- Knowledge of U.S. life products (UL, VUL, Par and Term) is desirable
- Proactive, self-directed, and able to work independently
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to communicate complex technical issues
- Ability to complete several tasks simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy.
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal growth. We have a cafeteria, fitness centre and child day care facility on site.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.