We are proud to announce that Canada Life will become our company brand under which our three companies service – Great West Life, London Life, and Canada Life.
Together, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life have been in the business of keeping promises for over a century. The new Canada Life brand combines the strengths of all three – so we can better deliver on our purpose: To improve the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians.
We are excited about this journey. To find out more about our story, click here
The HR Operations function is in the midst of a transformation - we are investing in and looking at new and different ways to serve employees to create great experiences and make it easier for them to ‘do business’ with us. A key enabler of our strategy and roadmap is ensuring that while we are changing, we continue to focus on the quality and accuracy of the work we do. The newly created Quality Assurance & Trainer role will focus on the development and ongoing management of a quality control program within our HR Service Centre team, including the development of key metrics and Key Performance Indicators, as well as training plans for the team to identify process improvements, address audit deficiencies and recurring issues, and ultimately present solutions to ensure we are living and breathing a culture of continuous improvement. This role will promote a high level of customer service delivery and experience for our employees as well as partners within HR.
- Mentors, coaches, develops, and provides performance feedback on the HR service tiered groups– what is working well or not based on our service standards and performance against SLAs, KPIs, etc.
- Collaborates with Manager, Team leads with the HR Service Centre, and liaises with HR Centres of Expertise like Learning & Development regarding instruction and training plans.
- A subject matter expert on all customer service/associate support applications and maintains current product knowledge for each service line by participating in QA monitoring and calibrations, team meetings, and side by side observation
- Provides end user training and support to the HR Service Centre team, and possibly more broadly across HR Operations on business processes and HR system processing
- Develops and rolls out training - primary lead for classroom training for the team, direct on-the-job training initiatives, and work with Manager and Team Leads to incorporate quality assurance results into performance improvement initiatives and performance assessments for the team.
- Responsible for creating and updating training plans and materials, routinely observing member engagement calls and technology use to assist in training development, and participation in QA calibration activities and recording results for training purposes
- Design and conduct learning events that will enhance the performance and boost the overall customer and employee experience, while meeting HR business objectives
- Acts as the subject matter expert within the HR Service Centre on HR systems used in the course of the team’s day to day work
- Collaborates with the HR Reporting team to ensure the team’s reporting needs are met
- Partners with the HR Systems team to test changes and updates made to SAP, our HR system of record, as well as another other technical tools and platforms
- Metrics - analyzes reports (production, quality assurance, etc.), identifying areas that might be improved through training, changes to processes, and quality assurance measurement
- Promotes the quality assurance program - organize, plan, and execute training plans for HR service Centre teams both for new hires being onboarded as well as ongoing training needs for the existing team
- Promotes the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct and delivers an exceptional experience for our team members, vendors, customers and associates through daily delivery of a positive and energetic attitude and work ethic
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Preferred HR service Centre or HR Operations experience
- 3-5 years’ work experience in a professional environment
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline (Human Resources, Payroll, business, etc.) or a combination of education and relevant experience is preferred
- Strong relationship and collaboration skills - ability to providing effective coaching and feedback where no formal reporting line exists
- Strong attention to detail and business process acumen
- Strong communication skills– written and verbal
- Customer centricity - putting the customer (in this case employees) at the centre
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, curiosity and interest in digging deep to find and address root cause issues
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to prioritize, including changing priorities
- Ability to translate technical information into a format that can be readily understood by a non-technical audience
- Knowledge of SAP or similar HR technology
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Present and facilitate presentations, meetings and training sessions
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.